• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Warne dead at 52

Shady Slim

International Coach
obviously i can't speak for people in other countries, but warnie had this certain, ubiquity

if you're not a footy fan, you might not know cameron smith or jonathan thurston. if you're not an afl fan, you might not know wayne carey or buddy franklin. if you're not a golf fan, you might not know adam scott. if you're not a cricket fan, heck, you might not know don bradman. but everyone. and when i say that i mean everyone in this country, knew warnie. i guarantee you more people could pick warnie in a lineup than the queen, the pm, you name them, whoever.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I posted a Facebook status about Warnie's passing and the first comment is from my idiot cousin, commenting 'Vax injury?'

And in the sign that the universe has a morbid sense of humour, Warne passed away on Darryl Cullinan's birthday.
****. So they're saying the leading causes of death will continue to be the leading causes of death? That's alarming.

Shady Slim

International Coach
might i say too... and this is the last i'll say for now hes my dad's age

so likewise to what burgey said way back on page one, i think there's going to be a lot of blokes around the country right now thinking along the lines of, if it can happen to warnie, **** me, who can't it happen to - at least here the man truly had that air of utmost invincibility

Heboric

International Debutant
might i say too... and this is the last i'll say for now hes my dad's age

so likewise to what burgey said way back on page one, i think there's going to be a lot of blokes around the country right now thinking along the lines of, if it can happen to warnie, **** me, who can't it happen to - at least here the man truly had that air of utmost invincibility
Yeah does make you think of things

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
This is sad.

When I was 10-11 years old, I was playing in this local cricket game where the batsmen smashed me for 2 sixes in the 4th and 5th ball. I tried imitating Warne's bowling action and bowled a leg spinner on the last ball and got the batsman bowled. Tried this a few times later on but just couldn't replicate it:).

More than the numbers or anything, Warne bought excitement to test cricket with his skill. Something that very few people can/could do.

social

obviously i can't speak for people in other countries, but warnie had this certain, ubiquity

if you're not a footy fan, you might not know cameron smith or jonathan thurston. if you're not an afl fan, you might not know wayne carey or buddy franklin. if you're not a golf fan, you might not know adam scott. if you're not a cricket fan, heck, you might not know don bradman. but everyone. and when i say that i mean everyone in this country, knew warnie. i guarantee you more people could pick warnie in a lineup than the queen, the pm, you name them, whoever.
Cameron Smith is very different to Warne

He’s another Bradman

Basically a cyborg whom most people can’t relate to

Warne was the guy at the pub who was also a genius

People love Warne

They look at Bradman & Smith in disbelief and many hated them

Shady Slim

International Coach
Cameron Smith is very different to Warne

He’s another Bradman

Basically a cyborg whom most people can’t relate to

Warne was the guy at the pub who was also a genius

People love Warne

They look at Bradman & Smith in disbelief and many hated them
well that's my point right? the man just transcended every boundary that you possibly could, beyond being a cricketer he's probably the single most iconic figure this country has ever produced, both domestically and abroad imho - i don't say that lightly either

social

well that's my point right? the man just transcended every boundary that you possibly could, beyond being a cricketer he's probably the single most iconic figure this country has ever produced, both domestically and abroad imho - i don't say that lightly either
Probably correct

I broke up with my ex 25 years ago and we have spoken twice in all these years until today

We have spoken 3 times today

Like dealing with the death of a Pope

mr_mister

Probably correct

I broke up with my ex 25 years ago and we have spoken twice in all these years until today

We have spoken 3 times today

Like dealing with the death of a Pope
yeah, my sister asked me today if i'm doing okay. she wouldn't do that for any other celebrity i'm a fan of. and it's not like I talked about Warne often, but she obviously knows I love cricket. Warne was such a big part of our lives(in my case childhood) and most of us didn't even realise it.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Shocked. Truly shocked. Watching Warne was like witnessing live theatre at its best. Spellbinding and utterly enthralling.

I'll leave it there

Shri

Mr. Glass

i have been watching shane warne batting highlights today. his batting has shardul thakur vibes