• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time world test XI selection

subshakerz

International Coach
Ambrose and Hadlee as opening bowlers will choke the life out of batsmen, whereas Steyn if its his off day will be a pressure release.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Gavaskar
Sutcliffe

Hadlee
Akram

With Hadlee at 8 not as good as Imran, need a pacer with at least some skills with the bat at 9 to give a fight to the first XI in an imaginary match-up between them.

subshakerz

International Coach
Gavaskar
Sutcliffe

Hadlee
Akram

With Hadlee at 8 not as good as Imran, need a pacer with at least some skills with the bat at 9 to give a fight to the first XI in an imaginary match-up between them.
Agree with that but Akram should be 3rd seamer, not opening bowler

Nikhil99.99

U19 Cricketer
I was initially very surprised by some of his selections until I noticed a trend, then I stopped.
It’s probably gonna be too boring to see gavasker+sutcliffe open.As I said in my first post ,gavasker>G.smith but I don’t wanna see gavasker and sutcliffe open.Cause it’s Gonna be too boring.
Dont know which selection you found surprising.Hobbs, Hutton,D.G.B, Hammond,smith,sobers,Knott ,Steyn, O’Reilly,Barnes,McGrath would be my 1st xi.Every player is a champion .
I have seen 5 of my first 11.And all the 5 were real great players.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
It’s probably gonna be too boring to see gavasker+sutcliffe open.As I said in my first post ,gavasker>G.smith but I don’t wanna see gavasker and sutcliffe open.Cause it’s Gonna be too boring.
Dont know which selection you found surprising.Hobbs, Hutton,D.G.B, Hammond,smith,sobers,Knott ,Steyn, O’Reilly,Barnes,McGrath would be my 1st xi.Every player is a champion .
I have seen 5 of my first 11.And all the 5 were real great players.
I don’t think the team being too boring hypothetically is an issue. I thought it was meant to be the all time best XI.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Bradman wins the captaincy fairly soundly while Viv just beats Lara by two votes.

Therefore, the first XI is:

Jack Hobbs
Len Hutton
Don Bradman *
Sachin Tendulkar
Viv Richards
Gary Sobers
Adam Gilchrist +
Imran Khan
Shane Warne
Malcolm Marshall

Glenn McGrath
So this differs from Cricinfo's ATG XI in only 2 players: Imran and McGrath in place of Akram and Lillee.