• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian climate

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Somethings haven't changed though........the Aussie cheating is a comforting constant.

Spark

Global Moderator
Replace 'Australian' with 'Sydney' in the thread title and you have my agreement.
It'll get worse as the years go on too (at least if some of the modelling I've seen is anything to go by). They might have to think about putting a roof over it, you can't keep having this every year.

EDIT: Obviously you'd have to make it a D/N test if you did that though.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It'll get worse as the years go on too (at least if some of the modelling I've seen is anything to go by). They might have to think about putting a roof over it, you can't keep having this every year.
Over what period of time is this expected to worsen? And what do you mean by worsen? 10% more rain in January? 30%? 200%?

Wouldn't it be better to move the Sydney test to a slightly better time of year instead?

We're in a la Nina year this year. It's wet everywhere.

Spark

Global Moderator
Over what period of time is this expected to worsen? And what do you mean by worsen? 10% more rain in January? 30%? 200%?

Wouldn't it be better to move the Sydney test to a slightly better time of year instead?
I don't have numbers, but the general consensus I've seen is that the EAC is going to get stronger (and warmer), and the summer subtropical ridge is going to get stronger and more southerly. Both these things will mean more summer rain for Sydney.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't have numbers, but the general consensus I've seen is that the EAC is going to get stronger (and warmer), and the summer subtropical ridge is going to get stronger and more southerly. Both these things will mean more summer rain for Sydney.
That's the opposite messaging from the IPCC 6AR, which says it will get fractionally drier across the entirety of the country.