• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Jasprit Bumrah fanboying thread

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
He has 100 wickets @ 32.2 over 29 tests.

If you remove 4 tests he played against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, he suddenly has 61 wickets @ 45.5 in 25 tests.

What was that boomer quote about stats being like a bikini?
You are right about that, but he was in the side as a bowling allrounder(apart from his first series I guess where no one recognised his batting ability) and had some handy contributions with the bat. He had also played some games in India and Pak on some very flat decks which hurt his numbers. Pathan's stats would have improved a lot had he played some more games.

Also, the quote was, "Statistics are like miniskirts, they reveal more than what they hide."

Tom Flint

International Regular
You must think he'll have loads of injuries or early retirement then. If he plays till 34 and plays 12 tests a year he will get 400 imo

Shri

Mr. Glass
3 years 100 wickets despite covid

if he plays another 6 years, 300

if we are really lucky and he stays injury free and plays until 36, maybe 400

Victor Ian

International Coach
You must think he'll have loads of injuries or early retirement then. If he plays till 34 and plays 12 tests a year he will get 400 imo
If that's at me, I was just picking really conservative numbers to show he's easily getting past 300.. Barring retirement type injury he's going to be India's leading wicket taker.

ma1978

State Vice-Captain
How many of those wickets will come at home??

On another note, I will say that watching Bumrah when he is on the most visceral must see event in cricket right now (like Steyn and Akhtat used to be, and Donald and the two WS before them). Three spells stand out

- the one from day 4 at the end where he bowled Rassie and Maharaj
- fifth day of Oval test and the Pope and Bairstow wickets
- when he laid the Windies low

Shri

Mr. Glass
How many of those wickets will come at home??

On another note, I will say that watching Bumrah when he is on the most visceral must see event in cricket right now (like Steyn and Akhtat used to be, and Donald and the two WS before them). Three spells stand out

- the one from day 4 at the end where he bowled Rassie and Maharaj
- fifth day of Oval test and the Pope and Bairstow wickets
- when he laid the Windies low
also the robinson wicket

Gob

International Coach
My uncle came across him on a flight and said he had got drunk and was being a complete dick to the air hostess. Something was definitely wrong with him. Extremely similar to Bhuvi cricketwise but opposites in terms of personality.
Who?

Also why does your uncle comes across? Most people tend to come straight

Window

U19 Debutant
I’m not sure if he’ll be playing a lot of home games or be as effective in taking wickets, which places him reaching 300 wickets in doubt. He didn’t play many home games this year either right?