• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Jasprit Bumrah fanboying thread

cnerd123

likes this
I mean he's literally never captained at any level of professional cricket before so I don't think anymore expected him to be great at it

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Bumrah is the best subcontinental pace bowler I have seen and in my opinion only Imran is possibly better. I never saw Imran at his peak so I cant compare the two but I did see wasim and waqar and I think Bumrah is better than them.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Bumrah is the best subcontinental pace bowler I have seen and in my opinion only Imran is possibly better. I never saw Imran at his peak so I cant compare the two but I did see wasim and waqar and I think Bumrah is better than them.
Skillwise, he might very well be (on par with the Pakistanis i.e., not sure how you can better them) but he needs to play a lot more to even be considered among the second rung of Kapil and Vaas, let alone royalty like the Ws.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
If he has a good series against England, I would have him above Kapil. Imran and Wasim especially, and Waqar too are far above Bumrah as of now.
Another 100 wickets at the current quality, and I would have him in the Holding - Waqar tier. He may not reach above that due to longevity issues.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
This ball to Stokes was similar to the one he bowled to Ollie Robinson. It's unusual for someone to go round the wicket, land on middle from resulting wide angle and then make the ball straighten to hit middle – all while hitting the right length to get the result.

This one to Robinson also had superb set up.

Edit: one to Robinson was an off cutter but one to Stokes seems to have moved off the seam.

smash84

The Tiger King
In terms of skill with the ball, I'd put Bumrah above Waqar already. The guy has amazing variety and accuracy, more so than Waqar. Waqar had better pace and reverse swing but he had a lot less control. The only issue with I see with Bumrah is longevity. If he can play for another 5-6 years and get to 300 wickets I think he would warrant a place above Waqar. Imran and Wasim were more rounded bowlers and skill wise Bumrah is probably closer to their level but he will need significant longevity to get to that tier.

In terms of skill with the ball, I'd put Bumrah above Waqar already. The guy has amazing variety and accuracy, more so than Waqar. Waqar had better pace and reverse swing but he had a lot less control. The only issue with I see with Bumrah is longevity. If he can play for another 5-6 years and get to 300 wickets I think he would warrant a place above Waqar. Imran and Wasim were more rounded bowlers and skill wise Bumrah is probably closer to their level but he will need significant longevity to get to that tier.
Nah. Peak Waqar clears Bumrah by a distance and imho was the best bowler to ever walk this planet.