• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will this be England's worst ever 5-0 defeat in Australia?

Will this be England's worst ever 5-0 defeat in Australia?

• Total voters

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm all for England bashing, but blaming the current English for colonialism is like blaming the modern ALP for the white Australia policy. It's complete nonsense. We should instead be bashing England for producing someone who was willing to marry a toxic person like Meghan Markle, and the modern ALP for allowing members such as Burgey. Both are borderline crimes against humanity. Just like England's batting.

Starfighter

With my posting reduced due to Christmas stuff once again it appears the forum is missing my calming prescence.

RossTaylorsBox

I'm all for England bashing, but blaming the current English for colonialism is like blaming the modern ALP for the white Australia policy. It's complete nonsense. We should instead be bashing England for producing someone who was willing to marry a toxic person like Meghan Markle, and the modern ALP for allowing members such as Burgey. Both are borderline crimes against humanity. Just like England's batting.
And your posts. And face.

Shri

Mr. Glass
For my mind this is still not the worst of Eng's humiliations down here. To me this team had no chance at all, so I had zero expectations. That wasn't the case for the other diabolickations.

The thing that is pissing me off most of all and grinding my gears like you wouldn't believe.......is the ****ing Indian posters putting the boot in and derailing every thread. **** off.......you've got your own test series going on, go and watch the ****ing thing.

I mean, congrats, you won a series in Aus recently (in the first time in your history) well done. We get it, you're an alright cricket team right now. Kudos. But this is the Ashes......that means that the likes of Burgey, stephen et al get to pay out big.......they've earn't the right too. You don't.

Now go away.
ashesmonke(1).jpg

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For my mind this is still not the worst of Eng's humiliations down here. To me this team had no chance at all, so I had zero expectations. That wasn't the case for the other diabolickations.
Isn’t this a bit like finishing last in a race then saying ‘but I expected to finish last, so really it’s more like finishing third-last’. I get that this one hurts less, but it’s still the most humiliating. It’s a high-profile 5-test series where literally the only interesting story is how unbelievably bad England are.

stephen

Why do Australians really hate the English so much
We don't hate the English. We just really enjoy destroying them in sporting contests. A good 20% of people living here are English expats. It's like our interstate rivalries - we want to beat each other up in the same way brothers want to beat each other up.

Australians really don't hate anyone on the whole.

TheJediBrah

stephen talking politics is peak

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
2006/07 was a pretty strong England team, probably one of their strongest tbh
Was it though?

Cook - had a good 06 but not the player he'd become
Strauss - good
Bell - see Cook
Pietersen - yeah top drawer
Collingwood - probably at his best
Flintoff - not really ever the same after his injuries that summer
Jones/Read - meh
Giles/Panesar - meh
Anderson/Mahmood - Jimmy shouldn't have been there. Averages 29 in his other three visits to Australia combined versus 33 with it and has seen him unfairly rated by imbecile Australians on here ever since. Wankers. Mahmood was ****e.
Hoggard - was still good
Harmison - was in decline anyway but I don't suppose anyone other than Richard quite saw what unfolded coming

A bit like 13-14, strong on paper but really not one of the strongest we sent. That being said I don't think anyone saw 0-5 coming. Obviously I predicted an England win.

TheJediBrah

2010/11 was probably stronger, but I think the 2006/07 was still very good and played pretty well most of the time too. Just came up against a freakish oppositon at it's best. The first few days of Adelaide showed how good they could be

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It wasn't a terrible side. Even at full strength we lose given what we were up against. But we played half-fit players, reverted to people who'd been out of the side during the summer, etc.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Had to share this little gem of self deprecation

The quarter-century is not one of cricket's more celebrated milestones. In times such as these, however, let us grasp at whatever straws present themselves. Perhaps a raise of the bat to waist height would be an appropriate gesture on reaching 25, to give England supporters at least something to cheer in this honours-board-avoiding Ashes