• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should the rest of this series just be a preparation for Australia's subcontinent tours?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Every young cricketer MUST be made to watch England’s batting to understand what is meant by the term poor** footwork.

** I meant terrible/hopeless/deplorable/atrocious (all of them)
good to see you back! hope you are doing well!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
So hopeless that it dragged you back to CW to post about it!

Hope you're doing well sir!
You are spot on my friend. That did it.

That and the silly discussion around changing the captain when discussing the team’s unbelievable decline.

They might as well blame Donald Trump for it - or Donald Trump for that matter.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ashes is secure, why not. What are England going to do? Win?

Debut Swepson, debut Tanveer, give the other Sangha a bat. What's the worst that could happen.
Yep, because taking that approach has really benefitted England.

Put out your best team to take on the opposition in front of you. Don't dial it back, don't try and be funky just get on and win the damn Test FFS. Teams need to stop treating certain Tests with lip service.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
You are spot on my friend. That did it.

That and the silly discussion around changing the captain when discussing the team’s unbelievable decline.

They might as well blame Donald Trump for it - or Donald Trump for that matter.
There you go. Dementia at work.

I meant Donald Trump or Joe Biden.

Xix2565

International Debutant
Honestly, don't see the point in letting up unless you have a set plan for preparing for the subcontinent that was already in place before the Ashes began. Not like playing Tests is easy, even if it's England.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Every young cricketer MUST be made to watch England’s batting to understand what is meant by the term poor** footwork.

Hope you are doing good and have better footwork than the English line up. :)

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Against this toothless England side, making changes simply to experiment/rest players/trial 'possibles' is likely to result in one thing. More selection headaches. Borderline players will perform well as Richardson and Boland have done and players like Harris Green and Head will continue to do enough to warrant selection. Instead of playing Australia A players against the inept English, whu not arrange a couple of Austrai v Australia A games to make uo

cnerd123

likes this
Against this toothless England side, making changes simply to experiment/rest players/trial 'possibles' is likely to result in one thing. More selection headaches. Borderline players will perform well as Richardson and Boland have done and players like Harris Green and Head will continue to do enough to warrant selection. Instead of playing Australia A players against the inept English, whu not arrange a couple of Austrai v Australia A games to make uo
Maybe Australia can offer to loan the England some players for the remaining 2 games to make it more of a contest

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Hope you are doing good and have better footwork than the English line up. :)
Hi.
Long time ?
As I type this I am under an attack from Chikungunya which prevents every single joint in my body from moving unless I am willing to suffer the painful result.

Doctors are extremely kind and are boosting my confidence with a diet consisting solely of pain killers and the assurance that I will be fine in minimum three and maximum six months.
So I am back to being my cheerful self ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Hi.
Long time ?
As I type this I am under an attack from Chikungunya which prevents every single joint in my body from moving unless I am willing to suffer the painful result.

Doctors are extremely kind and are boosting my confidence with a diet consisting solely of pain killers and the assurance that I will be fine in minimum three and maximum six months.
Footwork though is kind of compromised

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hi.
Long time ?

That is awesome to know sir. You take good care and hopefully watch us win lots of stuff in cricket. :)

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Hi.
Long time ?

As another senior CW member (I'm a few years older) I can sympathise with that sort of condition. My 'good' hip (the other has been replaced) is bone-on-bone and extremely painful.

Spark

Global Moderator
There's a fair old gap between "pick random players to try them out for the subcontinent" and "ignore future tour planning completely".

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hey SJS. Hope you’re feeling better soon mate. Look after yourself. Nice to hear from you.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Seems kind of pointless given Australia will probably cancel the tour(s) on security/covid/workload grounds anyway like they have in recent times.

Gob

International Coach

hi