• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Melbourne - December 26 - 30

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** it's going to be hard to pick a bowling attack for Sydney. You can't realistically drop Boland after this performance, but Richardson also took a 5-fer last spell, and then there's Hazlewood who might be fit. Very good problem to have.
Pick locals - Dermo Sabba Abbott for a ten-fer on dayboo

Spark

Global Moderator
And were I on my computer rather than a rubbish phone, I'd have sent it before the dismissal. Idiotic batting.
i guess when you're mentally that shot you're just on autopilot and just do the "normal" thing rather than thinking about the situation

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I thought it was a comment about Jimmy's longevity
It wasn’t but I don’t care about that anymore, going to put some tunes on, merry Xmas to everyone except English cricketers whose first names don’t begin with J (unfortunately this means I’ve wished Bairstow a merry Xmas oh well)

trundler

Anyway, I hope Australia don't win a single test on their foray into the subcontinent. Be funny if Boland or whoever has to bowl at Mumbai.

Zinzan

Well done Aust, relentless stuff, but **** right off England. Atrocious showing, not even a sniff of a contest. Hang your heads in shame.

Niall

International Coach
Really should not have sent the Lions squad home, as may as well use the next two tests to see someone new.

I dunno maybe pull Vince (I know) from the Bash?

Joe Clarke any chance in this format?

Absolute clutching atm.

hazsa19

International Regular
lal the classic play cc in high summer lark

like the 18 counties all stacked with 75-80mph seamers are gonna start rolling out flatties
i don’t know how you’d explain the decline of our batting. I’m not saying we have great players or that we should be winning down under, but we shouldnt be this bad. The only explanation for me is the focus of white ball cricket and the marginalisation of CC over the last few years.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
England, rule number one moving forward

stfu about data, rest/rotation and workload management etc. Cringey corporate jargon. Langer seems to have toned it down with the 'elite mateship, elite honesty' nonsense in recent times and it's paying dividends

Last edited:

trundler

I don’t think Root has done a lot wrong as skipper. It doesn’t matter how good you are as a leader, you can’t defend sub 200 scores consistently.
England now tied with 2002 Bangers for second most sub 200 scores in a year.

Same year as Root coming to within 100 of the all time record for most runs in a year lmao.