• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test at Adelaide - 16 to 20 Dec

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It's a sad indictment of how my expectations have been lowered, but I find myself feeling, if not exactly pleased, then at least pleasantly surprised with today's efforts.

I mean, showing the testicles for a fight should be the bare minimum one expects from any team, but it's still nice we didn't just lie down for a belly rub.
Waking up at 8.00am today, I figured that either the match would already be over or Stokes and Pope would still be there with another 150 needed. Perhaps the second scenario wasn't all that likely, but I thought it was more of a possibility than our lower order providing any sort of resistance. Not that any of this reduces my overall sense of disgust with the standard of test cricket that we play nowadays of course.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mate theres no one better. I'm not gonna sit here and sing Butlers praises......he's bog ordinary. But fmd.......he's just put up a wall and faced 200 balls hanging out for a draw against a class bowling attack. Is there anyone on the bench that could have done that?
The bench might not have dropped Labia and it is a different game then

Gob

International Coach
it was a mistake giving the captaincy to Pat Dumbins

handsome bloke but he seems like a bit of himbo

Smith is a cold calculating chea- i mean captain. give him the full time gig
I know you are kidding (hope you are) but anyone who seriously consider Smith as a full time captain should read what Greg Chappell wrote about how lost Smith was towards the end of the 17/18 Ashes. It was down right worrying

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know you are kidding (hope you are) but anyone who seriously consider Smith as a full time captain should read what Greg Chappell wrote about how lost Smith was towards the end of the 17/18 Ashes. It was down right worrying
Yeah it was an interesting read, that

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
link?

Gob

International Coach
my extreme hot take is that jhye is not that much of a downgrade on those two on most pitches
What's the pecking order now?

Cummins
Haze
Jhye
Starc
Neser

If it's pink ball then Starc jumps above all of them. Quality pace squad that but the drop in quality is pretty steep after with Boland next in line. Wonder Pattinson would reconsider his decision. Don't understand the point in toiling away in first class cricket while making your self unavailable for test selection. He could have actually played this game

Spark

Global Moderator
If those two blokes are up for Melbourne, I’d be tempted to rest Starc there then bring him back for Sydney.

Rest

R E S T
E
S
T

Drop
yeah when i wanted him picked for starc it wasn't so much that starc was bound to be awful, it's more that i genuinely see JR as a 250+ test wicket bowler for Australia if he can stay injury free. i think that sort of competition from below for the main three is long overdue.