• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

An Orderly Test Draft

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There are enough good spinners to go around that you can generally afford to pick them later. You could go for players like Trumble, Wardle, Tayfield, or Gupte who are quite good IMO and are usually available to pick later on.
Yeah I think Warne and Murali are clearly ahead of everyone else and then O'Reilly. Once those 3 are gone you are best just waiting for later on. Would have said Grimmett as well but his ashes record is not all that great (still took loads of wickets obviously.)

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
@ataraxia and then @JOJOXI to complete Round 7

Then
ROUND 8
ataraxia
Line and Length
kingkallis
CricAddict
Himannv
Michaelf7777777
Trundler
honestbharani
Pothas
JOJOXI (Bradman penalty)

ORDERLY SELECTIONS
JOJOXIHimannvCricAddictkingkallisLine & Length
1​
J.HobbsL.HuttonH.SutcliffeS.GavaskarM.Haydn
2​
B.PonsfordB.MitchellD.AmissA.MorrisA.Cook
3​
D.BradmanR.PontingC.WalcottV.RichardsR.Dravid
4​
G.ChappellG.PollockB.LaraD.ComptonS.Tendulkar
5​
M.HusseyF.WorrellA.FlowerS.McCabeG.Thorpe
6​
A.FaulknerD.WaltersI.BothamB.StokesG.Sobers
7​
A.KnottR.BenaudM.Boucher
8​
9​
W.O'ReillyC.GrimmettH.Verity
10​
11​
ataraxiaPothashonesbharaniTrundlerMichaelf7777777
1​
B.SimpsonV. SehwagG.SmithG.BoycottW.G.Grace
2​
B.LawryG.GreenidgeS.WatsonV.TrumperB.Richards
3​
J.KallisW.HammondK.SangakarraK.BarringtonG.Headley
4​
D.NourseE.WeekesJ.RootS.SmithA.Border
5​
S.ChanderpaulM.ClarkeShakib al HasanA.B. de VilliersC.Lloyd
6​
S.WaughK.MillerT. GreigMushtaq MohammadImran Khan
7​
J.WaiteA.GilchristL.Ames
8​
S.Warne
9​
J.Laker
10​
M. Muralitharan
11​
Positions 6-11 to be finalised

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
I've won a draft by picking him as a sort of spinner and having three great pace bowlers to back him up. I think there was more mystery around him back then compared to now where people have a more defined idea of what he might be able to do.

EDIT: Looks like it was this one: http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/thr...ck-atg-xi-draft-no-bradman-with-a-poll.57263/

Seems I also had Sobers in there so I got away with it more. I'm surprised by how much discussion was there in the voting thread - the ones we have right now barely have any posts at all.

Last edited:

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
I believe he is regarded as a pace bowler. Most sources describe him as right arm medium fast.
Will have another pick in next 5/10 mins - I did see some sources talk about him and his ability to spin the ball although I know he's often picked as a seamer but thought if you don't ask, you don't get :)

kingkallis

International Coach
CricZo XI

Sunil Gavaskar /
Arthur Morris /
Viv Richards / o (c)
Denis Compton /
Stan McCabe / o
Ben Stokes / o
Denis Lindsay + /
Richie Benaud o /