• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NFL / NCAA Football

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ah my bad I just saw you'd posted "Bears are back".

That's a much better place to be. Packers are legit.
My "Bears are back" post was sarcastic lol...related to wanting the NFC North to be as competitive as possible. I like Nick Foles...and it was probably around the same time he was playing early in the season when I made that post.

NFC North is the best!

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I finally got properly into NFL this year, which is great.

Unfortunately I happened to get into it in the only six-week period in history where the Cardinals played good and exciting football, and it's starting to dawn on me just how much of a mistake my unintentional choice of team was.
Could have been worse. When I first got into it and 12 years ago I picked the Dolphins as my team.

Shady Slim

International Coach
well i'm a steelers fan so @sledger and @Uppercut can cease their whining because that was painful ?

not because of the scoreline - i don't even hate the browns tbh. but because they just kept doing enough to stay in the game and give me hope

oh well

hoping for a browns-bills AFCCG, and hoping the saints or rams come out of the nfc. not impressed by the packers, and i'm about the only person on earth to not be

Uppercut

We should stop whining eh? Aren’t the Steelers the one of the most successful franchises ever?

That first quarter performance looks like it was absolutely brutal tbf.

Uppercut

I was watching the Titans-Ravens game yesterday and a couple of times the Titans punted on 4th and short. I thought it was a bit weird because they were losing, in midfield, late in the game, and have a **** defense but a good offense. But the comms didn't even comment, so I thought it must be pretty standard and didn't think much more of it.

Scrolling through Twitter this morning and the analytics guys were in absolute meltdown over it. I missed the late game but apparently the Steelers made an even worse punt decision that basically ended the contest.

Shady Slim

International Coach
We should stop whining eh? Aren’t the Steelers the one of the most successful franchises ever?

That first quarter performance looks like it was absolutely brutal tbf.
that we are, but fans have short memories and we're the least successful team in the past 48hrs :p

when even the 8-8 bears come out of wildcard weekend with more dignity than we did it's a bit of a gut punch hehe - if 'zona can get a defense going you're a team on the rise imho

Steelers had a 4th and 1 and decided to punt. They could have gone for it
yeah i had hope up until this point, because ball doesn't lie and this was total cowardice. had we have gone for it i genuinely do think we could've won but as soon as we punted it away, cleveland scoring off the ensuing drive was a certainty lol

Uppercut

that we are, but fans have short memories and we're the least successful team in the past 48hrs :p

when even the 8-8 bears come out of wildcard weekend with more dignity than we did it's a bit of a gut punch hehe - if 'zona can get a defense going you're a team on the rise imho
I dunno about that, the Bears had some pretty embarrassing moments. You'll have a big off season no?

The Arizona defense was surprisingly not too bad. There's really a lot to work with but the coach just seems really terrible. It reminds me of Emery at Arsenal because you look at his record and it's like "sure he's done quite well" but then you watch us for 10 minutes and it's like "yeah no get a new coach".

Kraken

International 12th Man
well i'm a steelers fan so @sledger and @Uppercut can cease their whining because that was painful ?

not because of the scoreline - i don't even hate the browns tbh. but because they just kept doing enough to stay in the game and give me hope

oh well

hoping for a browns-bills AFCCG, and hoping the saints or rams come out of the nfc. not impressed by the packers, and i'm about the only person on earth to not be
Quietly confident about the Packers chances this year, provided they avoid Kansas in the big dance

Shady Slim

International Coach
I dunno about that, the Bears had some pretty embarrassing moments. You'll have a big off season no?

The Arizona defense was surprisingly not too bad. There's really a lot to work with but the coach just seems really terrible. It reminds me of Emery at Arsenal because you look at his record and it's like "sure he's done quite well" but then you watch us for 10 minutes and it's like "yeah no get a new coach".
i'm probably the only steelers fan who wants ben to stay on, because after i graduate (2022) i'd love to go to the states and watch the steelers and penguins play, and i would love to see ben. we need a lot of movement along the o-line though; i'd love to see them cut the fat on the line (pouncey, villanueva), then do an extension for ben to smooth his cap hit.

as long as you guys can keep kyler and don't do what the texans are doing to watson rn i think you'll be in and around the playoffs for years to come, and with a really hot defensive year who knows what can happen - just need the stars to align tbh

Quietly confident about the Packers chances this year, provided they avoid Kansas in the big dance
i've backed the saints to come out of the nfc for the past three years and been wrong every time so this is new orleans' year right? that's how the gambler's fallacy says it should go

Shady Slim

International Coach
i just don't see the bucs winning. brady's been so inconsistent this year, which, obviously, weird thing to say given the hallmark of brady's career is elite consistency and high-floor play across the board. probably hasn't had a top-five QB season since the year they lost to philly in the big one - but he doesn't have to with this bucs lineup. just think the chiefs have too many weapons and can neutralise the tampa d

also i don't want antonio brown to get a ring because he's an awful person. and i'm not yet tired of mahomes being an inevitable force!