• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Sri Lanka (Twenty20 and ODI)

Heboric

International Debutant
Fixtures

Odi

1st ODI (D/N), Colombo (RPS), Sep 2 2021
2nd ODI (D/N), Colombo (RPS), Sep 4 2021
3rd ODI (D/N), Colombo (RPS), Sep 7 2021

T20
1st T20I (N), Colombo (RPS), Sep 10 2021
2nd T20I (N), Colombo (RPS), Sep 12 2021
3rd T20I (N), Colombo (RPS), Sep 14 2021

Sri Lanka squad:

Dasun Shanaka (capt), Dhananjaya de Silva, Kusal Perera, Dinesh Chandimal, Avishka Fernando, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Pathum Nissanka, Charith Asalanka, Wanindu Hasaranga, Kamindu Mendis, Minod Bhanuka, Ramesh Mendis, Chamika Karunaratne, Nuwan Pradeep, Binura Fernando, Dushmantha Chameera, Akila Dananjaya, Praveen Jayawickrema, Lahiru Kumara, Lahiru Madushanka, Pulina Tharanga, Maheesh Theekshana

South African squad:

Temba Bavuma (capt), Junior Dala, Beuran Hendricks, Reeza Hendricks, Heinrich Klaasen, George Linde, Janneman Malan, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, Wiaan Mulder, Anrich Nortje, Andile Phehlukwayo, Dwaine Pretorius, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Rassie van der Dussen, Kyle Verreynne, Lizaad Williams.

Last edited:

Heboric

International Debutant
With all the **** going on in SA cricket, my interest has waned slightly, but anyways hope they do ok

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
SL are lowkey building up a core for a good side across formats IMHO.

Shanaka, DDS, Hasaranga, C and D Karunaratnes, Chameera are all folks I think will do very well across formats.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Dane pretorious not fit? Andhile is a good cricketer and all but he's just not an internation #7. Batting looks really light with dekock not playing, would have either played dane or brought in linde over one of the other 2 spinners at 7 for added depth.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
As has been said before on here... Linde in for Andile, and this might not be a terrible side for these conditions (obviously QDK comes back in).

Himannv

International Coach
Nearly chopped it on twice in one over and that looks close. Wanindu bowling well.

Himannv

International Coach
Another nice six from Markram. What's the story with this guy. When he made his debut he looked like a top player and he looks great now. I haven't seen much of SA so what happened to him in-between then and now and why isn't he rated higher?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Another nice six from Markram. What's the story with this guy. When he made his debut he looked like a top player and he looks great now. I haven't seen much of SA so what happened to him in-between then and now and why isn't he rated higher?
He continues to be highly rated here in SA, but he has been inconsistent. Particularly in ODI format. Some technical difficulties (hard hands etc) been found out at international level but also some issues against spin. I think lots of his problems is in his head as he tends to be very hard on himself.

Also the problems in SA cricket off the field probably not helping him, or any of the SA players.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Tired shot that from Markram deserved his ton. See what Verreynne can show.

Unfortunate for Bavuma. He has had some terrible poor luck regards injury recently.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Decent effort from South Africa with the bat. Verreynne aside, they played the spinners well. They will rue not having a 3rd spinner and they left too much at the back end considering they haven’t got a Miller / guy who can take 20+ off an over.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Rabada looks a bit better with the bat than Phehlukwayo. Probably should bat higher.
Should bat 5 in this line up...seriously, he does seem to have improved his batting recently.

But SA middle order is just sad over all. Nothing consistent, nothing game breaking and generally just short of international quality.

Himannv

International Coach
Should bat 5 in this line up...seriously, he does seem to have improved his batting recently.

But SA middle order is just sad over all. Nothing consistent, nothing game breaking and generally just short of international quality.
What happened to QdK and Miller? They'd probably have won this game if those two were playing (sorry if my comment is uninformed - I just don't watch a lot of cricket these days).

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Good win. Praveen jayawickrana looks like a good deal. How ever the issue is can he survive on a non - spinning deck? We know Hasararanga has ability, and Akila, even after all his short comings, so pull out a rabbit out of the hat on regular basis. Yesterday Praveen was very tight, no that threatening. Akhila was more attacking, expensive but has wickets to show. Not finishing DDS' quota is another issue. He could be used to open the bowling next time around.

Bahseph

State Captain
I think SA will be happy with Markram's innings. He looked so imposing after getting off to a good start and when he is in he hits it so clean. Also glad to see him being thrown the ball for a couple of overs. Can't really fault Rassie either,he manages to score runs just about every time he is out there. But there definitely needs to be a call made on Andile. For me he has always been a good 8. But Linde has the ability to score quicker from the get go. I still think Phelukwayo is best used when we are chasing and he has time to get in and then later play his shots. It's a very specific scenario.

Dendarii

International Debutant
What happened to QdK and Miller? They'd probably have won this game if those two were playing (sorry if my comment is uninformed - I just don't watch a lot of cricket these days).
Miller is injured and De Kock is being rested.