• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Saqlain vs Swann

Who was the better bowler?

• Total voters

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm. Probably Saqlain but not too much in this. Swann was an absolute beast in his prime - which was a lengthy prime (circa 2008-2012).
Saqlain undoubtedly had more tricks up his sleeve to deceive batsman in unfamiliar conditions, but Swann had a bloody good stock ball and was relentless with it too

Jack1

International Debutant
Well, Swann's T20I and T20 record is incredible. Just factoring Tests and ODIs, Saqlain - very close though. My vote is for Test and ODIs only.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't think Swann would be ahead in top ranking and rating in tests, let alone by so much.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Then go and check Waqar's peak ICC ODI ratings .
Wow. He has 13 fivers in ODIs yet such poor peak rating. Although I have observed peak ratings for bowlers in ODIs tend to be generally lower. Just 5 ODI bowlers that ever crossed 900.

sunilz

International Regular
Wow. He has 13 fivers in ODIs yet such poor peak rating. Although I have observed peak ratings for bowlers in ODIs tend to be generally lower. Just 5 ODI bowlers that ever crossed 900.
But he didn't even touch 800 ratings point. I was extremely surprised when I saw that.
And Maninder Singh (?) having same peak ratings as Akram.

Ymaxxx

School Boy/Girl Captain
But he didn't even touch 800 ratings point. I was extremely surprised when I saw that.
whats sachin's peak rating?

did you know Lara held the no1 ranking position more then sachin ever has. Its even insanewhen you realise in odis Lara held it foryears while sachin could only hold it for just 100ish days! mindblowing how great the Lara was

Ymaxxx

School Boy/Girl Captain

But he didn't even touch 900 ratings point. I was extremely surprised when I saw that.
And Colin Mcdonald (?) having same peak ratings as Tendulkar.