• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* World Test Championship Final 2021

Who do you think will win it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Surely, they can get umpires and scorers and stuff make the intra squad games actual FC games, right? I understand why they would rather play a county side or an England A side or even an India A side who have been playing England A upto that point but I think there is enough quality in that squad to have two really tough and strong FC level 4 day games before the tests.
I think there would have been people in England quite willing to accommodate a 4 day FC game if the BCCI had requested it, yeah.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Tough away tours for SA but avoiding the subcontinent is big. Gives us an outside chance with a rebuilding team.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pakistan have a sneaky good chance to get to the final with that schedule. If SA are still **** by the time India tour there they have a good chance to get their first ever win there, but then again I thought the same thing in 2018.

The schedule is brutally compressed though. India tour England for 5 tests ending September 14th, then the IPL starts 5 days later and goes on till October 15th, and 2 days after that its the t20 WC in UAE which ends in mid November. And NZ tour India immediately after that. Guys like Kohli, Bumrah and Rohit will be completely broken by the end of it unless they do some sensible rotation.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The earlier #1 ICC ranking mace meant that you had to play more tests to keep your team there. I remember BCCI suddenly adding additional tests to tours around 2009 and 2010. Now, NZC and its boss can juz enjoy scheduling 1 test series for the rest of their lives, with the new points system.