• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* World Test Championship Final 2021

Who do you think will win it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
A historical moment as two quality and deserving teams fight it out in the inaugural WTC final.

The playing conditions confirm that in case of a draw or a tie, both teams will be crowned as joint winners as well as the allocation of a reserve day to make up for any lost time during the regular days of the Final.

18-22 June, Southampton: India v New Zealand

India Squad:

Virat Kohli (Captain), Ajinkya Rahane (vice-captain), Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill, Mayank Agarwal, Cheteshwar Pujara, Hanuma Vihari, Rishabh Pant (wicket-keeper), R. Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Washington Sundar, Jasprit Bumrah, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed. Shami, Mohammed. Siraj, Shardul Thakur, Umesh Yadav, KL Rahul (subject to fitness clearance), Wriddhiman Saha (wicket-keeper; subject to fitness clearance).

Standby players: Abhimanyu Easwaran, Prasidh Krishna, Avesh Khan, Arzan Nagwaswalla

NZ Squad:

Kane Williamson (C), Tom Blundell, Trent Boult, Tim Southee, Doug Bracewell, Devon Conway, Colin de Grandhomme, Jacob Duffy, Matt Henry, Kyle Jamieson, Tom Latham, Daryll Mitchell, Henry Nicholls, Ajaz Patel, Rachin Ravindra, Mitchell Santner, Ross Taylor, Neil Wagner, BJ Watling (WK), Will Young.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
NZ has to drop its 20 man squad to 15 for the final. Who do you think they'll pick?
I'd say the 12 from this test (the XI plus Matt Henry), Trent Boult, and Tom Blundell (need batting and keeping cover) are pretty likely (although could Santner and CDG play themselves out) and then one more.

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
3 days of hard quarantine for Indians followed by practice in small groups. Allowed to practice and have nets with full squad from 11th. Could they squeeze in an intra-squad game? No words on it so I think unlikely.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
3 days of hard quarantine for Indians followed by practice in small groups. Allowed to practice and have nets with full squad from 11th. Could they squeeze in an intra-squad game? No words on it so I think unlikely.
They could play a 3 day game 13-15.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Lots of Talk about Siraj playing after that Kohli Shastri PC. Dude is in red hot form so makes sense as well.
Indian lineup is fairly predictable otherwise which is strange. Gill will get a couple of games ahead of Agarwal perhaps. Rose bowl venue may suit Rohit as well. Ashwin & Jadeja will both play.
Ideal XI
Rohit
Gill
Pujara
Kohli*
Rahane
Pant (wk)
Jadeja
Ashwin
Ishant
Siraj
Bumrah

Frost

U19 Debutant
What would Nz fans take?, comfortable win in the wtc or win that last world cup? I'd take the wtc, tests still hold more weight. Hopefully nz get more tests going foward.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
What would Nz fans take?, comfortable win in the wtc or win that last world cup? I'd take the wtc, tests still hold more weight. Hopefully nz get more tests going foward.
Just get the WTC, it's been a long time since we won any ICC title. Last one if I remember correctly was in 2000, the ICC Champions trophy in Kenya. Win vs India. Have good memories of Chris Harris and Chris Cairns from that finals.

thundaboult

International Debutant
3 more chances in a space of 2 years for a trophy after this wtc final. I expect us to go all the way with this new zealand squad now. Been knocking on the doors for too long. I expect us to win our second odi world cup in 2023.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
3 more chances in a space of 2 years for a trophy after this wtc final. I expect us to go all the way with this new zealand squad now. Been knocking on the doors for too long. I expect us to win our second odi world cup in 2023.
NZ are good but beating India in india in 2023 is going to be a huge, huge task.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
If Aussies get their act right they have a decent shout as well at 2023. Agar & Zampa are quality & have done well as spinners in India.
Batting needs to be little more positive I feel.

India is rebuilding its middle order after the debacle in 2019 when the team selections were sack worthy tbh. They are struggling in finding a quality spinner after Chahal & Kuldeep's decline though.