• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 4th Test at the Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, 4 - 8 Mar 2021

cnerd123

likes this
He will bowl a lot of ****e
He will bowl one good ball
But on review it's umpires call [NOT OUT!]
Dom Bessssss
Dom Bessssss

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
He will overpitch
He will drag it down
He will get hit all around town
Dom Besssss
Dom Besssss
It happens. Good thing here is that Root is not destroying his confidence by just randomly getting him out of the attack. Sometimes spinners do need some time to find their rhythm. Remember a game where Graeme Smith hardly allowed Imran Tihar to bowl as he was finding it a little tough to find his rhythm. That was poor.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
The weird thing with Bess is he was he didn't bowl anything like this in South Africa last year.
Basically he needs to bowl a few yards quicker on these tracks, and maybe that's what is causing these rubbish deliveries. Haven't seen him before so can't say if this is his regular pace, but the wickets in the series certainly need the spinners to bowl a little quicker. Leach is also bowling at a pretty rapid pace if you've noticed.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
oh I follow him on IG and advocate for his selection all the time. Give him a few years and he'll be gun. I like him so I feel inspired to write songs about him

Dom Besssssss
Dom Besssssss
Surely any song involving him would have the emphasis on the 'o' and not the 's'

cnerd123

likes this
Bess has an action with a lot of moving parts, just needs to find rhythm. Has very nice release and good basics. Could have easily had a couple of wickets already - he's bowled worse for better figures.

Problem is that in a low-scoring game the runs he's conceding are crucial.
Surely any song involving him would have the emphasis on the 'o' and not the 's'
I'll sing it on the next podcast so you can hear how I'm hearing it.

Woodster

International Captain
I mean he's been poor, but I've seen much worse in tests. He looks pretty threatening when he can string a few balls together
His good balls are threatening, he’s more than capable of getting a wicket with a jaffa, but it’d certainly be an anomaly.

Kirkut

International Regular
Basically he needs to bowl a few yards quicker on these tracks, and maybe that's what is causing these rubbish deliveries. Haven't seen him before so can't say if this is his regular place, but the wickets in the series certainly need the spinners to bowl a little quicker. Leach is also bowling at a pretty rapid pace if you've noticed.
Does the pitch have variable turn like in the previous test?