• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

james anderson averages 35 with the kookaburra

Status
Not open for further replies.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
JAMES ANDERSON KOOKABURRA UPDATE

after a successful tour of sri lanka, also his first ever successful tour of sri lanka, james anderson has now taken 160 wickets with the kookaburra in 48 tests at an average of 32.54. this feat fits in the entire career of renowned kiwi battler danny morrison, who also took 160 wickets in 48 tests but at the slightly higher average of 34.

for a hot KOOKAPARISON english atg jimmy anderson now has a kookaburra career roughly resembling that of peter siddle, who took 155 wickets from 47 tests at a slightly lower average of 30.10.

this post is sponsored by colgate - breath fresher than an english county pitch
How are you getting this though? I think Windies only recently switched to Dukes right? They were using the Kooks' balls before that?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
FFS. We've given phlegm one job around here.....to post utter bollocks and he can't even get that right.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This thread started off as a circle-jerk of a few Jimmeh haters, it's now a May-December romance, sad or romantic? who am I to judge.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Obviously the OP is inaccurate but the reason why Anderson averages 30+ in every away nation apart from WI and UAE is not due to some black magic.

1612984692839.png

It's because he often **** series in countries to go with some great series. To give a few examples, he has had 2 great series in SL (11/12 and 20/21) where he averages 21 and 8 but interspersed with those he has also had series in SL where he has averaged 83 and 105 (08/09 and 18/19). In Australia, he's had one great (10/11) and one good series (17/18) but had 2 series but has had 2 dog**** series (13/14 and 06/07) as well. The pattern repeats in India where he had 3 awesome innings performances but has had a couple of series where he averages 50+ with barely any wickets.

Anderson is someone capable of performing incredible match winning feats out of nowhere on away tours but he has also been very unpenetrative for several tests and series away from home even in his post-2009 period.

I think the characterisation of him as a home track bully is entirely unfair because he has had some awesome away tours over the years but I also think the other extreme of him being some all conditions phenom based on individual performances is accurate either.

He's just fairly inconsistent away from home in being a genuine strike bowler but can do some pretty special things sometimes. In fairness to him, even in the tours when he is not taking wickets away from home, he rarely concedes runs and is a great holding bowler.

grecian

Obviously the OP is inaccurate but the reason why Anderson averages 30+ in every away nation apart from WI and UAE is not due to some ***********.

View attachment 27221

It's because he often **** series in countries to go with some great series. To give a few examples, he has had 2 great series in SL (11/12 and 20/21) where he averages 21 and 8 but interspersed with those he has also had series in SL where he has averaged 83 and 105 (08/09 and 18/19). In Australia, he's had one great (10/11) and one good series (17/18) but had 2 series but has had 2 dog**** series (13/14 and 06/07) as well. The pattern repeats in India where he had 3 awesome innings performances but has had a couple of series where he averages 50+ with barely any wickets.

Anderson is someone capable of performing incredible match winning feats out of nowhere on away tours but he has also been very unpenetrative for several tests and series away from home even in his post-2009 period.

I think the characterisation of him as a home track bully is entirely unfair because he has had some awesome away tours over the years but I also think the other extreme of him being some all conditions phenom based on individual performances is accurate either.

He's just fairly inconsistent away from home in being a genuine strike bowler but can do some pretty special things sometimes. In fairness to him, even in the tours when he is not taking wickets away from home, he rarely concedes runs and is a great holding bowler.
Nobody is really saying this though, it's clearly a reaction to this type of ****ty trolling thread. The fact is Clouderson, and all this kookaburra thing is something that should be put to bed. He is of course better in conditions he was brought up in, with the ball he's played all his life with, well what a revelation, no **** Sherlock job.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
How are you getting this though? I think Windies only recently switched to Dukes right? They were using the Kooks' balls before that?
I'm not sure what year WI started using the Duke but I remember it was used when NZ toured 2012, so the majority of Anderson's matches there (and maybe all of them) have been played with the Duke. Also Anderson averaged 38 in the 2009 WI tour, so if they were using the Kooka then that just helps Flem's case.

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Tbh it would be interesting to see Anderson's average with the Kookaburra ball since 2011 or so. Not to say that them being decent would completely make irrelevant his earlier poor stats, but to simply say that Anderson overall averages a bit less than the ball with Danny Morrison is a bit disingenuous and almost purposefully seems to ignore the fact that he has improved significantly over the years.

grecian

Tbh it would be interesting to see Anderson's average with the Kookaburra ball since 2011 or so. Not to say that them being decent would completely make irrelevant his earlier poor stats, but to simply say that Anderson overall averages a bit less than the ball with Danny Morrison is a bit disingenuous and almost purposefully seems to ignore the fact that he has improved significantly over the years.
The entire thread is disingenuous, clearly and provably, so I guess by keeping adding to it in that way keeps it on topic.

the big bambino

International Captain
Amazing to think a bowler reliant on swing is less effective when the conditions aren't conducive to his skills. Everyone now sees this. Thanks for pointing out ... Anderson's often played without a truly fast bowler with him. I'd bet that if he had say, an equivalent of a fit and fast JPat as a partner, he'd have been more effective OS.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He is of course better in conditions he was brought up in, with the ball he's played all his life with, well what a revelation, no **** Sherlock job.
You're missing the point of all this. Not commenting on the veracity of either side but there's no doubting that the difference in Jimmy's effectiveness, over the course of his career, between Jimmy-friendly and Jimmy-unfriendly conditions is much greater than the vast majority of other bowlers.

It's not just "he's better at home with the ball he grew up with just like everyone else", because the difference is a lot greater than almost everyone else. Again, not putting him down or being anti-Jimmy, just clarifying the point of the "Clouderson" meme which you seem to have missed

Flem274*

123/5
this thread was always going to be a wind up before i realised i didnt actually have to manipulate a horde of stats. one of the few times a troll attempt has become my actusl opinion.

if anderson was from any other country he wouldnt be held in the esteem he is by the establishment. the most fortunate bowler in the world despite some very good achievements.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
if anderson was from any other country he wouldnt be held in the esteem he is by the establishment.
He is held in esteem due to the fact that he has taken more Test wickets than any other fast bowler in the history of the game ... and that despite (or because of) being rested (not dropped). If he played for any other country, and achieved such results, he'd be revered.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He is held in esteem due to the fact that he has taken more Test wickets than any other fast bowler in the history of the game
That's flem's point. He's taken that many Test wickets partly because he plays for England. If he played for NZ he'd have about 300

Status
Not open for further replies.