• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

india's mental state

Shri

Mr. Glass
not sure if the other thread thread of the same name was started after the mcg test but i am shook right now

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Beaten by a better side, don't worry. It happens. For India that means shipping it to England. For Australia it means rolling over for India reserves. It is what it is.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Usually India can pick some random spinner who runs through us then does bugger all else against anyone else, shows how huge Jadeja is for them that they looked ordinary with no back up for Ashwin.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Thread title should read Indian fans' mental state, tbh. I think the team will be fine. England played better and won in conditions they got the best of. Our first innings batting could have been better and our bowling on day 1 could have been more on point but both seemed to be a bit of rust in adjusting to these conditions, even if it is home, remember we have spent months in Australia and had like 3 days practice here, unlike England who are coming in from Sri Lanka. The side visibly played better as the game went on, so I would say its more likely we bounce back this series. Kuldeep or Rahul Chahar for Nadeem about the only change I will be looking at, for the next game.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I don't feel that bad because we didn't play too badly or anything, just got shown up by Root and co.

The pitch was ****ing **** though, hope it gets a poor rating.
Yeah you cant make the toss this disproportionately advantageous. Also more reason why we should just let away teams decide whether they wanna bat or bowl first.

Burgey

No, I think the team is cooked after Australia. They played out of their skin with nothing to lose and down on troops. Now they’re at home with high expectations, some of those troops back and just aren’t mentally up to it with the school ma’am back in charge. Sadly the more experienced players are mentally scarred after 36ao began living inside their heads™️. Sad

Chrish

International Debutant
This has a last Australian India tour feeling. India got whacked in the first game. I still back them to come out on top.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
I think this loss will only ensure that India gets its selection and tactics on-point in the coming games. I don't think there's anything to worry about. I am confident that India will win this series by a margin of 2-1 or 3-1. The only real problem I see is captaincy, but if the right team is selected, that won't be that much of a problem.

Nadeem and Sundar are not bad bowlers by any stretch, but they didn't bowl to their abilities and the pitch was pretty flat on Day 1. Again, it might be just a bad game for them and they might bounce back in future, but currently we have Kuldeep who can do more damage than them.

I loved how the English team played, but if we pick our best XI and get the basics right, we'll be tough to beat in the remaining games.

Daemon

No, I think the team is cooked after Australia. They played out of their skin with nothing to lose and down on troops. Now they’re at home with high expectations, some of those troops back and just aren’t mentally up to it with the school ma’am back in charge. Sadly the more experienced players are mentally scarred after 36ao began living inside their heads™️. Sad
Rent free*

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I like how "picking the right team" is being presented as something entirely separate from the match performance/strategy here, rather than part and parcel of both.

"Selection blunders" indeed. Otherwise known as "being crap".