• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 05 - 09 Feb 2021

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will overseas arrivals have to quarantine in the UK in June 2021 if things remain as they are over there?

sunilz

International Regular
But its hard to see them keep getting lucky with both tosses and pitches (and lets face it, no good team will lose on this track after winning the toss and batting first) and India do seem to be getting better as the game goes on, especially the big players - Bumrah, Ishant, Ashwin with the ball and Virat with the bat.
Kohli has lost last 10 of 11 tosses against England. How many times do I need to tell you he is Panauti .

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
How good is this victory going to be for England, I mean India would back themselves to win against most teams at home on such a wicket even with their second/third string spin bowlers. Not saying that the ones in the current team were our second/third string spinners, Nadeem had earned his place and has done great in domestic games, Ashwin was there, only thing was Sundar over Kuldeep was wrong. But still, two good Indian spinners + Bumrah & Ishant and our strong batting line-up would make it really tough to beat us in such conditions. Great planning from England, they did exactly what they said before the game.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Jadeja is the gold standard in Indian conditions. We have resources in fast bowling dept. In spin it is Jadeja, Ashwin and daylight
Jadeja, Ashwin & Kuldeep!
Next we have Axar Patel(if we need an all-rounder), Jayant Yadav, Jalaj Saxena and Rahul Chahar. Won't write-off Nadeem because of one bad game, he is a good prospect.

I love to watch Sundar bat, but his bowling still needs some work.

We do have a good pool of spinners, only thing I am worried about is the selection under Kohli.

Jack1

International Debutant
Schoolboy captaincy not having more slips in for Anderson. The target is out of reach and one slip in for a bowler with 3-8 figures. The second slip is now in but any captain should have probably 3 slips in for Anderson at this stage. Let’s see how costly that will be. England need to get number nine in as soon as possible. Kohli wicket would be huge obviously but even dismissing Ashton gets England to the tail and would be a huge wicket. Should have extra catchers in for the spinners too . Strange defensive captaincy considering match situation

Last edited:

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Lol.. you basically have unlimited runs to play with. And you don’t have a second slip or a short leg to your premier bowler. 2 chances gone begging in the last 3 overs. Poor.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
my xi for the next test if there was no covid restrictions

rohit
gill
pujara
kohli
rahane
iyer
pant
axar/kuldeep
ashwin
ishant
bumrah
Saha for Iyer? Keep Pant at 6, Saha at 7 with the gloves, Axar at 8, Ashwin at 9 leaves the batting stronger than it is now and gets a keeper in who can do decently with the bat.