• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 05 - 09 Feb 2021

tony p

First Class Debutant
This is all working out beautifully for Australia as far as the Test Championship is concerned.
A draw here helps us much more than a win to either side.

I can't see Jack Laker & Dom Lock taking 20 wickets here, or the other bowlers.

Darwin Award

U19 Cricketer
Wow!... Take a bow Joe Root... Another 200 on the sub-continent.

If it wasn't for a freakish run-out he most likely would've scored a double century in 3 consecutive tests... all on the sub-continent..... all in a space of about 3 weeks... and all by the first week of February.Insane!

First English player in over 35 years to score a double century in India.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just casually hits the best spinner in the world over his head at his home ground to bring up his 2nd double century in 3 matches. Legend.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I know it's irrelevant that the freak runout in SL has deprived him of 200s in three consecutive tests, but has anyone ever done that?

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Can England win this 3-0 and make the final? Unlikely I know, but it would be perfect for NZ to help erase the nightmares of 2019

Darwin Award

U19 Cricketer
Closest I think is Sangakkara who scored 200, 222, 192, 152 in consecutive tests. In the other innings of those same games he got 57 and 92
So in other words it took a horrible umpiring decision at Hobart to rob Sangakkara of that feat & a freakish run-out to deprive Root of his.

When batsman are in that sort of purple patch it's pretty much the only way it happens really.

Last edited:

tony p

First Class Debutant
Closest I think is Sangakkara who scored 200, 222, 192, 152 in consecutive tests. In the other innings of those same games he got 57 and 92
That 192 was in Hobart and he got a shocking decision, given out caught after the ball came off his shoulder, onto his helmet and caught at gully, he was livid.
Definitely would have got another 200.