• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 05 - 09 Feb 2021

cnerd123

likes this
Yea Root wants 700, in his opinion they're halfway there

This is brutal. They're gonna break Bumrah, Ishant and Ashwin again. Bowling first on a road against good batting in a long series is the worst way to start.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
England giving India a tough time in the first test is actually good for India, I mean even if India loses this game, the selection blunders will get highlighted and the team will have to get their act together in the remaining games, there won't be any room for complacency.

And full credit to the English batsmen for making this series exciting, it'll be fun to watch no matter who wins.

cnerd123

likes this
I rate Nadeem but this Test has done his rep quite a bit of harm. Thankless task toiling away on a road against some of the best batters in the world without having any FC cricket under his belt prior to this. Bowled alright to Stokes just got taken apart by the kind of batting you'll never see in Ranji. Only his 2nd ever Test. Terrible situation to be in, harsh to write him off completely after this, but I don't see how he plays the 2nd Test if either Kuldeep or Axar are available.

Hopefully he can turn it around at some point this game. Ideally right now.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Pope has looked a lot better against spin here than he did at home against Pakistan. I'm not sure if he's improved or if his struggles were more just about not picking Yasir out of the hand.