• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Sri Lanka 2021

greg

International Debutant
In case anyone had forgotten what a complete arse Pietersen is. And he does seem to have forgotten his own struggles against SLA bowlers.
To be fair, read what this is. This is advice from Dravid to Pietersen on things he can do at a point when he was struggling with spin.

He could have probably phrased the tweet better though!

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
To be fair, read what this is. This is advice from Dravid to Pietersen on things he can do at a point when he was struggling with spin.

He could have probably phrased the tweet better though!
Fair enough (ditto 91Jmay).

But I do agree with you about the tweet, which just reads like he's taking the piss out of a couple of guys in his former test side.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fair enough (ditto 91Jmay).

But I do agree with you about the tweet, which just reads like he's taking the piss out of a couple of guys in his former test side.
Don't apologise the bloke is a ****, ****iest of them all, wish he'd **** off.

Thankfully looks like Joe will eclipse his batting achievements.

Spark

Global Moderator
Wonder if the long breaks have done Root good, mentally. Looks absolutely imperious here.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep, Root looks amazing this series, been wondering if this might be the start of his purple patch of averaging 70+ for a few years like the rest of the fab 4 did . He is a bit younger than them tbf.

Flem274*

123/5
Yep, Root looks amazing this series, been wondering if this might be the start of his purple patch of averaging 70+ for a few years like the rest of the fab 4 did . He is a bit younger than them tbf.
it trips me out virat kohli is 32, smith 31 and kane/root 30.

we're probably closer to the end of their careers than the start.

also i guess it reflects well on root in a funny sorta way that he's only 5 away from KPs tons tally and averages more than him yet we think he's underachieving.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I mean hopefully but his issues have been more against pace than spin in recent times iirc, and there aren't many seamers challenging him in this series. He has been very good against the spin in this series no doubt.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
it trips me out virat kohli is 32, smith 31 and kane/root 30.

we're probably closer to the end of their careers than the start.

also i guess it reflects well on root in a funny sorta way that he's only 5 away from KPs tons tally and averages more than him yet we think he's underachieving.
Root disappoints for sure, but he is a way way better batsmen than KP ever was in all forms.

Shri

Mr. Glass
not surprised

maybe if england stopped spamming tests, their batsmen could play better in the future too

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean hopefully but his issues have been more against pace than spin in recent times iirc, and there aren't many seamers challenging him in this series. He has been very good against the spin in this series no doubt.
Got worked over by Cummins in 2 back to back Ashes. Was falling over quite a bit.

cnerd123

likes this
Hey look Dravid is recommending KP try batting without pads in the nets so he learns how to get his bat ahead of his legs Vs spinners.

Sage advice.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
My initial assumption was that W&W did it with reverse swing after their spinners had drawn a blank. But clearly not.
Asgiriya supports swings on the first morning of a test. Had been the pattern for years. Wasim and Waqar unlike other touring fast bowlers knew how to exploit it.