• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Sri Lanka 2021

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Must admit I thought the second shot the TV ump saw on the split screen showed the ball might've just touched the ground as well as Jos's boot.

As the soft signal was not out I'm not convinced what we saw here at least was quite enough to overturn.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I unofficially suggested to Dan that he should bet on Embu for most wickets this innings, and before England had even started batting he was ranting to me about how I was wrong.

Note to self: never give Dan tips again.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I was saying 12 months ago that Curran needed to spend the season batting at 4 or 5 for his county. Covid put pay to that, as he spent most of the 2020 season in the England bubble, and not much of that actually playing. But I'll say the same for 2021.

greg

International Debutant
I was saying 12 months ago that Curran needed to spend the season batting at 4 or 5 for his county. Covid put pay to that, as he spent most of the 2020 season in the England bubble, and not much of that actually playing. But I'll say the same for 2021.
Haven't seen much evidence that Curran offers anything with the bat away from home, and certainly not on spin friendly wickets. Certainly not enough to justify picking him to "strengthen the batting".

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Haven't seen much evidence that Curran offers anything with the bat away from home, and certainly not on spin friendly wickets. Certainly not enough to justify picking him to "strengthen the batting".
Agreed. He can be a bonus lower down the order, not yet a number 7 at this level. And obviously England have better bowlers to play lower down the order. I think his game has deteriorated over the last couple of years, and I'd rather see him playing regularly for his county this summer rather than having an occasional go for the national side. He's talented enough to come back in a year or two.

Flem274*

123/5
root a man among bois here

i like what curran could be, but in a funny way him being a fringe england player isn't helping his development. needs to decide whether he's a batting or bowling allrounder imo. he is a little short and slow but i really like his lengths and the swing he gets. add 5 clicks and i think he's a proper bowling allrounder.

DriveClub

International Regular
So it's Root or bust in the subcontinent for England. Maybe Stokes will give him some much needed support in India but not really sure how good he is against spin.