• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

Window

U19 Debutant
Tbh, if a cricket novice like me could come up with the same tactic, is it really that genius? Looks like Ashwn and Vihari figured it out themselves as well anyway.

It’s pretty clear Shastri has a lot of say regarding team tactics though, like the batting order changes. Makes me wonder how much of the decision making credit belongs to Shastri vs Rahane.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Tbh, if a cricket novice like me could come up with the same tactic, is it really that genius? Looks like Ashwn and Vihari figured it out themselves as well anyway.

It’s pretty clear Shastri has a lot of say regarding team tactics though, like the batting order changes. Makes me wonder how much of the decision making credit belongs to Shastri vs Rahane.
Isn't it clear? It was always Shastri show once Virat left. Rahane might have certain inputs here or there but given how big a figure is Shastri in the team, it is obvious he called most of the shots. He is deified by the players

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tbf we have low expectations given what we've seen from some management in the past

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Love the earthen Chennai humour from the two. Of course Forum Oldies wouldn't understand it - but as someone who has lived in Chennai, the translation doesn't give full justice to the usages by Sridhar and Ashwin.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
BTW, WTF is up with the Indian players not allowed in the lift when the Aussie players are there? Aren't they part of the same bubble? Seems it was an issue only from Sydney.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant

"Ajinkya Rahane Politely Refuses to Cut 'Kangaroo Cake'"

And this man was accused by random English men of ****houssery.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I loved one anecdote there. Seems the Aussie players were watching videos to analyze and form bowling plans for the next day and they were showing Pujara batting. Hazlewood apparently just threw down his cap and said "I have seen enough of his batting. We just saw it out there, dont make me watch it here again" and left. :laugh:

Also interesting that apparently Tim Paine spoke to the Indian coaches during lunch at MCG 1st day and agreed with them that the Virtual Eye was weird as he had had issues with it during the series against NZ too. Elite Honesty. :p

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

"Ajinkya Rahane Politely Refuses to Cut 'Kangaroo Cake'"

And this man was accused by random English men of ****houssery.
Paine will find a way to tell him that he is not liked by any of his team mates. :p

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I only listened once but it did seem like a funny but true anecdote. May have been from the last series or maybe something they saw in the Amazon documentary, I guess.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would recommend that ashwin video to non-Indians too, good that he's started adding subtitles now. They seem to not like Paine that much lmao but their respect for Cummins and Hazelwood is obvious in every video they've put out so far.