• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I disagree. It's been extremely close but I think Australia had the better of the draw.

Given the injuries though, India has been more impressive.
Even some of the sessions we are credited with 'winning' were underwhelming though. We couldn't get through an Indian team carrying injured players last test, and then couldn't get past a team that was supposed to be depleted through injury this match. The replacements played really well, and you could argue they benefitted from being fresh and were actually a stronger batting unit down to 8, but they were supposed to be the 'rejects' and we barely put a dent in them on the last day.

Was happy to see Siraj take 5. It was a well deserved reward for staying here when his dad died early In the tour.

Last edited:

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Langer is also done. Genuinely, his insecurities are going to manifest themselves among the team (if they haven't already). Just gets extremely defensive and tetchy when confronted about even the most minor indiscretions re.Australia's conduct

Kirkut

International Regular
To me that fluke six off Sundar changed the game from a possible draw to a possible win.

It shows how much of a mental game cricket is, probably Washington Sundar had no anxiety and tried to take on Cummins as if it's a domestic t20 league.

It could have ended in the wrong side but luck was on his side today.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
To me that fluke six off Sundar changed the game from a possible draw to a possible win.

It shows how much of a mental game cricket is, probably Washington Sundar had no anxiety and tried to take on Cummins as if it's a domestic t20 league.

Me too. That six changed the momentum because following that was the edge over the slips and then the Lyon over with the "doosra".

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Was sort of worried for a moment it was simmering out after a couple of tight overs prior.

As soon as he hit that, it was on and the only choice was victory.

cnerd123

likes this

I wouldn't call that six a fluke - he middled it and the slash for 4 over slips next ball was flukier - but those 2 balls definitely changed the tone of the game. You could see it in how much more confident Pant was immediately after. Things were nervy and those blows settled them for India

Fine margins at this level.

tony p

First Class Debutant
Pujara has been the rock of the present team in this series ;ugly he might have looked about it yet has played an unparalleled role which couldn't have been justified by any other batsman in the world.
All teams need one Pujara, others like today can bat around him.

If he hadn't done what he did today, I reckon they lose.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why did Paine leave mid off open on that last ball of the Hazlewood over?
yeah it was crazy. I don't think the commentators on air knew the field so I think they, like us, just assumed someone was coming around to cut it off. and then it hit the fence!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
How much do you guys believe Covid and the lockdowns/restrictions, etc factored into the series result? I'm wondering whether some of the players poor performances (Starc, Wade as an example) were caused by mental health factors, family health, training considerations, etc. Obviously India suffered so many injuries, but you could perhaps say that kept them fresh and hungry each Test with new players coming in giving their all. The Australian bowling lineup except Cummins seemed out of gas today to me. With the Ashes later in the year, could show the Aussies need to do some rotation with their bowlers.
A lot of the Indian players are coming off long ipls and have been away from their families. It was hardly easy for them. They played out of their skins and won.

anil1405

International Captain
The more I think about this test, the more I am perplexed. How on earth did India win this game? It just doesn't make sense.
Yeah this. I mean an attack of

Siraj, Saini, Thakur, Natarajan and Sundar
vs
Starc, Haze, Cummins and Lyon.

10 years down the line people will be perplexed as to how this happened just as much as we are now. It's not like there was a stark difference in the batting abilities of both teams.

Kirkut

International Regular
I wouldn't call that six a fluke - he middled it and the slash for 4 over slips next ball was flukier - but those 2 balls definitely changed the tone of the game. You could see it in how much more confident Pant was immediately after. Things were nervy and those blows settled them for India

Fine margins at this level.
The way he played that shot for six did not seem pre meditated to me, after hitting that six he followed up with lofted shots which were by far the riskiest things you can do in tests, clearly showed he wasn't well settled yet.