• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Unpopular take

Pujara’s innings was awful and nothing to do with strike rate

It was a text book example of how not to play short pitched bowling

His innings laid the foundation for the win but it was down to luck not management

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Unpopular take

His innings laid the foundation for the win but it was down to luck not management
What luck, he wore them on the body. There was one that took the edge and flew over the slips that was very fortunate, but the rests was just balls of steel.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Can India do it! This will be historic. But so unlikely because of the rain, our batting line up, Australian bowling line up, no Kohli and it being Day 5 and possibly not a full-day. I believe in miracles! Let the spirit of VVS guide!
I cannot believe it! This was a miracle! Second only to Ben Stokes at Headingley (which I'm pretty sure was just a global shared delusion that didn't actually happen).

What luck, he wore them on the body. There was one that took the edge and flew over the slips that was very fortunate, but the rests was just balls of steel.
Yes, I remember Tendulkar adopting a "wear it on the body" tactic against Chris Tremlett.

cnerd123

likes this
Unpopular take

Pujara is one lucky ****er to have been the foundation of back to back series wins in Australia if that's all you're attributing his success to

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Incredible win by India and a wonderful finish to a wonderful series. Wish I could've seen a lot more of it than I have. Mrs RIS has only a casual interest in cricket (and that's generally limited to the England team) but she was completely sucked in by the last 10 overs or so today and was celebrating when India won it.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As after the previous test, making Paine the scapegoat will do no good to anyone except give @Spikey an erection. This bowling attack has serious questions to answer to have failed to get results in the 4th innings with such alarming regularity. Lyon and Starc with his supposed ability to clean up the middle/lower order and reverse swing are supposed to be the guys to step up in that situation and theyv'e let the team down consistently.

Forget the wickets, that passage of play where Starc got taken apart and went for 22 (?) off one over completely turned the momentum of the game. And Lyon despite bowling ok and looking threatening did nowhere near enough. If all he can do in the 4th innings with the ball turning quite a bit is "look threatening" then maybe they need an upgrade. Cummins is just ****ing amazing but its one guy and he had to almost break himself to make this game as close as it was. Bring back Pattinson and SoK.
Also only 3 overs to Green not exactly a shining vote of confidence to the youngster. Might have done better than Starc at that stage tbh

Gnske

I hope he got called that every time he was on the field for the next ten years tbh. No better way to make it stick than carry on like an old mole about it.
I'm just sad I haven't heard of this before. Won't be able to unsee it.

Hope the commentator got a raise, that's fantastic.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Unpopular take

Actually agree that Pujara s way of handling short balls was quite bad technique. Look how effortlessly Gill was swatting away short deliveries at the other end. Seems like he didn't trust his pull game at all and it showed.

But where he succeeded was wearing down the Aussies to the ground. And teasing them. And then wearing them.

91Jmay

International Coach
Unpopular take

That's an unpopular take because it's a load of rubbish. Virtually none of those short balls had a chance of getting him out because he got his bat and gloves out of the way

social

He took his eyes off the ball and got hit repeatedly as a result

The fact that he didn’t get caught off a glove or wind up in hospital was blind luck