• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Teams of the decade

aussie tragic

International Captain
As already said, Sanga as test keeper of the decade is a disgrace. Should be selected from one of these Keepers with most dismissals in the decade

1. Watling - 62T, 239D (231c, 8st)
2. de Kock - 45T, 202D (191c, 11st)
3. Bairstow - 48T, 181D (169c, 12st)
4. Sarfaraz Ahmed - 48T, 163D (142c, 21st)
5. Haddin - 35T, 151D (146c, 5st)
6. Prior - 40T, 142D (133c, 9st)
7. Dhoni - 37T, 126D (113c, 13st)
8. Paine - 27T, 123D (117c, 6st)

Edit: updated to ICC voting period of 1 Jan 2011 to 7 Oct 2020

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
As already said, Sanga as test keeper of the decade is a disgrace. Should be selected from one of these Keepers with most dismissals in the decade

1. Watling - 59T, 226D (218c, 8st)
2. Prior - 54T, 198D (187c, 11st)
3. de Kock - 42T, 187D (176c, 11st)
4. Bairstow - 48T, 181D (169c, 12st)
5. Haddin - 43T, 180D (174c, 6st)
6. Dhoni - 50T, 174D (154c, 20st)
7. Sarfaraz Ahmed - 49T, 167D (146c, 21st)
Or ABDV or Mushfiqur Rahim

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Here's my versions:

Test
Cook
Warner
Williamson
Smith
Younis
Kohli
Watling +
Ashwin
Cummins
Steyn
Rabada

ODI
Sharma
Warner
Kohli
Root
DeVilliers
Shakib
Buttler +
Jadeja/Holder
Starc
Boult
Bumrah

thierry henry

International Coach
Why is everyone just accepting Stokes in the ODI team. You’re basically picking him to average 40 with the bat which is hardly so outstanding it demands selection. His bowling is a liability. Surely you don’t make a team of the decade because you have a second skill that you can do badly.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Here's my versions:

Test
Cook
Warner
Williamson
Smith
Younis
Kohli
Watling +
Ashwin
Cummins
Steyn
Rabada

ODI
Sharma
Warner
Kohli
Root
DeVilliers
Shakib
Buttler +
Jadeja/Holder
Starc
Boult
Bumrah
Two great sides (better than the ICC) but Taylor for Root in ODIs.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lmao I can't believe they made Sanga keeper. It's like the one thing when we've done these threads for best players of the decade you universally get **** on for doing.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sanga has a much better claim to being the keeper bat for the ODI team actually.

I'd personally put both him and Buttler ahead of Dhoni.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Was interesting to watch McCullum say Boult and Southee should have been in the test team ahead of Anderson and Broad today. Pretty mis-guided one-eyedness I think ... those guys have produced in Australia in at least one test series, unlike our two.

Watling for the test team and Taylor in the ODI side are the two I'm outraged about! :censored: