• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Teams of the decade

weeman27bob

International Regular
Men's T20I team
Rohit Sharma
Chris Gayle
Aaron Finch
Virat Kohli
AB de Villiers
Glenn Maxwell
MS Dhoni
Kieron Pollard
Rashid Khan
Jasprit Bumrah
Lasith Malinga

Men's ODI team
Rohit Sharma
David Warner
Virat Kohli
AB de Villiers
Shakib Al Hasan
MS Dhoni
Ben Stokes
Mitchell Starc
Trent Boult
Imran Tahir
Lasith Malinga

Men's Test team
Alistair Cook
David Warner
Kane Williamson
Virat Kohli
Steve Smith
Kumar Sangakkara
Ben Stokes
Ravi Ashwin
Dale Steyn
Stuart Broad
James Anderson

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Hate it when they do things like put Sanga as keeper in these things. Please do correct me if I have it wrong but was he keeping in Tests at all 2011 onwards?
yeah that's the principal one i had in mind when i mentioned "curious choices". i feel that shouldn't be allowed, frankly.

Spark

Global Moderator
Men's T20I team
Rohit Sharma
Chris Gayle
Aaron Finch
Virat Kohli
AB de Villiers
Glenn Maxwell
MS Dhoni
Kieron Pollard
Rashid Khan
Jasprit Bumrah
Lasith Malinga

Men's ODI team
Rohit Sharma
David Warner
AB de Villiers
Shakib Al Hasan
MS Dhoni
Ben Stokes
Mitchell Starc
Trent Boult
Imran Tahir
Lasith Malinga

Men's Test team
Alistair Cook
David Warner
Kane Williamson
Virat Kohli
Kumar Sangakkara
Ben Stokes
Ravi Ashwin
Dale Steyn
Stuart Broad
James Anderson
okay these teams are always controversial but picking only ten players for both odis and tests might be pushing it

weeman27bob

International Regular
Women's T20I team
Alyssa Healy
Sophie Devine
Suzie Bates
Meg Lanning
Harmanpreet Kaur
Stafanie Taylor
Deandra Dottin
Ellyse Perry
Anya Shrubshole
Megan Schutt
Poonam Yadav

Women's ODI team
Alyssa Healy
Suzie Bates
Mithali Raj
Meg Lanning
Stafanie Taylor
Sarah Taylor
Ellyse Perry
Dane van Niekerk
Marizanne Kapp
Jhulan Goswami
Anisa Mohammed

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sanga didn't keep in a test in the previous decade. Grow a spine and put Battling Warming in there. It's an insult to proper keepers imo.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rohit
Warner
Kohli
Taylor
De Villiers

pretty much set in stone if you ask me. Any deviation is heathenry and should be dealt with a medieval torture device.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cummins ahead of Broad in the test side and someone other than Shakib (Babar, Root, Bairstow, Smith, Taylor) in the ODI one. All good otherwise.

thierry henry

International Coach
Haven’t checked his decade-specific record but was Malinga ever even that good in ODIs?

Him and Stokes are trash selections, you are basically just picking Stokes for his batting cos his ODI bowling is rubbish

Spark

Global Moderator
Cummins ahead of Broad in the test side and someone other than Shakib (Babar, Root, Bairstow, Smith, Taylor) in the ODI one. All good otherwise.
Nah over the whole decade, Broad is probably a fair shout to be first picked. He and Anderson are alone in having been extremely consistent through the entire period.