• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in New Zealand - Nov/Dec 2020

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Genuine question: wtf is up with England's performances v WI over the past few years? No disrespect meant to WI. Roach, Gabriel and Holder are excellent bowlers and I understand how they can burgle tests here and there. But given how feeble WI's batting lineup is right now, England really shouldn't have a 6 wins to 5 losses scoreline against them since the 2015 WC.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Genuine question: wtf is up with England's performances v WI over the past few years? No disrespect meant to WI. Roach, Gabriel and Holder are excellent bowlers and I understand how they can burgle tests here and there. But given how feeble WI's batting lineup is right now, England really shouldn't have a 6 wins to 5 losses scoreline against them since the 2015 WC.
Up until this summer england's batting lineup was just as **** as the windies. 30/3 every game.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I mean, when you're letting Shai Hope hit two centuries in a test against you.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Teams have lost 13 (at present) or more in a day ten times since Jan 2010, West Indies have been the batting team on five out of those ten occasions.

Interesting little tidbit

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
I have wondered to myself whether there is an element of arrogance but then being based in the UK it may be easy to say that and that may be a situation in other countries prior to a series v West Indies but there has often been an attitude of ah West Indies - easy win for some of the recent series - you will probably get that the next time England tour WI too despite England struggling in recent series away in the West Indies.

Both play with a Dukes ball although you'd imagine then batting against a Kookaburra should be comparatively light work - I mean even if West Indies don't get enough runs you'd expect that there is a marked improvement when they bat overseas vs a non-Dukes ball but that doesn't really happen.

Some suggest playing England provides the West Indies players extra motivation but extra motivation doesn't get rid of technical deficiencies against the moving ball.

One thing I would say is at home West Indies have had moments v bigger sides, I recall a couple of times India being on the ropes batting before digging themselves out of a hole batting first, a few years back now but West Indies had a decent chance of taking a first innings lead v Australia in the first Test of a 2 match series - had Australia 126/6 having got 148 themselves on a spinning pitch - but Australia fought back to 318 all out and in the end won comfortably - I think Bishoo suffered a minor finger injury if I'm not mistaken in the latter part of that 1st innings. They have given Pakistan and New Zealand a fight the last time both teams toured so whilst England certainly seem to struggle compared to most nations I would also say at home at least West Indies are a semi-competitive side - I think a lot of it at home may be mental - its easier to fight back from tough positions in the game when you've done it before, really make the most of being ahead in the game when you've gone on to win from winning positions so many times.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
This hasn't been a great umpiring effort all around. Shows the need for ICC to develop a panel that isn't all English and Australian umpires.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What an incredibly beta dismissal. I see Mitchell is continuing the CdG trend of getting wickets with ****, a la Botham.

Lmao 2 drops and a no ball wtf