• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in New Zealand - Nov/Dec 2020

Bahseph

State Captain
I know that Blackwood is not everyone's cup of tea,but I genuinely make an effort to watch when he is batting just to see the chaos.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I agree. Its great entertainment

I reckon he would be quite useful if the Windies had a solid top 5

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Genuine question: wtf is up with England's performances v WI over the past few years? No disrespect meant to WI. Roach, Gabriel and Holder are excellent bowlers and I understand how they can burgle tests here and there. But given how feeble WI's batting lineup is right now, England really shouldn't have a 6 wins to 5 losses scoreline against them since the 2015 WC.
We definitely raise our game against England, but I agree with this batting lineup they should be disappointed.

Well done to Jermaine and Alzarri for standing up and providing some cheer after the succession of village like batting that took place before them.

jcas0167

International Debutant
How do we rate the rig on Jamieson?

I think i'd rather die than face him.
I'm still gutted he hadn't peaked like this to force his way in for the Australia series last year. Would have made it much more interesting.

thundaboult

International Debutant
He was mad with Leo Carter for pulling him off the front foot on a pretty slow one in the South Island and making his way towards a 50. Sears doesn't need anything big to have happened to become irascible. Hamish Bennett talked about this in the pre-season podcast. It's just a consequence of being about 60 IQ points above the mean in what people are egging you on to make your chosen profession, I suppose.

would be a breath of fresh air to have this guy playing for the bc's in the reign of nice guys.

nzfan

I'd be worried if I were CDG. If Jamieson continues with the bat like he is there's a serious case for including a spinner in the line up and bat Jamieson at no.7 Only a matter of time Jamieson plays all 3 formats consistently.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
How long has it been since Australia toured NZ for tests? I kinda feel that facing this bowling attack (in these conditions) would be the biggest test for Smith - as well as Marnus. Would be fascinating to see imo

nzfan

Is it too early or ****y to presume the next three test matches will likely go the way it has so far? Pakistan are they a better batting unit? I rate their bowling, they always seem to know how to pick up wickets but their batting is not much ahead of WI.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I'm pretty sure Pakistan will put up more resilience with the bat. Babar obviously is class, but Shan Masood and Rizwan are guys who will bat time and could adjust to these conditions. Still think NZ will win

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yes we should probably comfortably win everything this summer. Both teams are capable of pulling off an upset but in our conditions we are very strong right now.

nzfan

I'm sure quietly we want our opponents to play good cricket and we win. The England and India series offered lots but delivered very little in terms of competition in test cricket. England at least drew a test. Aussie is one team that will definitely give us a run for money even on these decks I feel.

Still a test match and a fresh series to go. Let's see how it goes, hoping for some stiff competition from WI in the next test and Pakistan.