• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in New Zealand - Nov/Dec 2020

Flem274*

123/5
Am I allowed to feel a little aggrieved that we've batted under grey skies and NZ got cloudless Skys? Feel like that has rather ruined this match as a contest.

Not that our batting is good enough anyway, but I thought we had a chance of batting out the day at least if conditions remained the same.

Alas it wasn't meant to be. We'd probably have folded anyway.
given all the reprieves (4 alone here for holder) i think the windies should have done better but i get it, we've sat through enough abject surrenders to understand the frustration you can't direct anywhere.

id be desperately looking through the caribbean for some coachable batsmen. forget world class, you're batting adequacy away from the mid-table when you have absolute guns like jason holder to bowl for you.
I think it's really only for limited overs cricket though. Zinzan was grumpy about Southee's place in the team a few years ago, and after the WC a few of us started thinking he might be past it. But in terms of consistent results its hard to argue that Southee's been NZ's best bowler in tests for the past few seasons.
not better than wagner but yea since jamieson emerged in particular he's refound a touch of his peak.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
There is not a single universe in which Watling doesn't take that
Yes KJ could join Ben Sears in a building up a bit of collective frustration with Blundell's glovework over the next few years, probably. We'll have to watch that.

It's the way it goes sometimes for the golden ones and the clever ones. They often bear the worst consequences of any 'get lots of NZ domestic anons involved more in Tests' drive run by old hippie administrators.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Anyone know at what time the scheduled close of play is/how much time was lost to weather delays?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
This is where having a spinner in the side is kinda handy. Lob up a couple of slow ones and wait for a miscue.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Did you stay up all night?
Yes although wondering more from a perspective of sending this to a 4th day - its academic as to whether game is over today or not I guess but just intrigued if West Indies are likely to see out the day as I presume there will be an additional 30mins added with the game potentially minutes away from ending.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes KJ could join Ben Sears in a building up a bit of collective frustration with Blundell's glovework over the next few years, probably. We'll have to watch that.

It's the way it goes sometimes for the golden ones and the clever ones. They often bear the worst consequences of any 'get lots of NZ domestic anons involved more in Tests' drive run by old hippie administrators.

This might be the alcoholic brain damage speaking, but I don't get why he was mad on that first ball.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
He was mad with Leo Carter for pulling him off the front foot on a pretty slow one in the South Island and making his way towards a 50. Sears doesn't need anything big to have happened to become irascible. Hamish Bennett talked about this in the pre-season podcast. It's just a consequence of being about 60 IQ points above the mean in what people are egging you on to make your chosen profession, I suppose.

Last edited: