• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This part was good tho

“When the tour of England was organised, players were sent on chartered flights,” he said.

“But this time, first you went to Dubai, then to Kuala Lampur and then to Auckland. Does the PCB's brain not work and realise you could have organised a chartered flight?”

Victor Ian

International Coach
So they 'mingled'. Who mingled with them? What's wrong with some people?
Based on victorias shut down, ill wager that the rules are actually not so clear. All of them were wishy washy grey.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think the point is it's more likely they got it from the multi legged flight than by mingling inside the premises

_Ed_

They definitely got it before their arrival in NZ, but their disregard for the rules created unnecessary risk of further transmission.

_Ed_

Victor Ian

International Coach
The fact that facility cameras caught them means they were caught in the facilities. So
Movement outside rooms and in exercise areas is allowed only in a strictly controlled manner.

You will be asked to only interact with people in your ‘bubble’ and stay 2 metres away from other people.
What is strictly controlled? Is that 2m distance, or for practical purposes, about 2m. Or does 2m have nothing to do with it. Can i strictly controll myself, or must someone external administer the strict control?.
What is your bubble? Is that yourself? A sphere of 2m radius from you? Your room mate? The facility?

This is all too vague for a set of rules that sets the boundaries between social safety and self confinement (imprisonment?). Did NZ explain this to the players directly and properly? English is not these guys first language.

How many strict control administers looked a blind eye until 6 cases were found? Ive seen instances in Melbourne where police turn a blind eye to things such as people approaching them without masks and watching them then leave without masks.

End point is that this is not all just about the naughty children. Bad parents did not adequately set boundaries. So no need to tut tut just yet. When they do it again, sure.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
It's not self confinement, it's strict managed isolation - they are not allowed to leave their rooms unless they are told they can

Flem274*

123/5
i think victor ian is just desperate to be a contrarion tbh. he seems to be basing his arguments off the victorian quarantine or something. my eyes are glazing over tbh.

_Ed_

The rules are only vague because the hotels all have different layouts and sizes, so things like the number of people who can be in exercise areas at once etc will vary from place to place. More specific information is provided in each person's room.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Nah. If you cant see the wording is open to many interpretations you are blind. Poo poo the players if that does it for you. For me i am somewhat suspicious of 'stupid dunce pakistani's' as the newsbite and understand real life misunderstandings or even testing and pushing limits when they are vague. Show me where strictly controlled is defined. While i agree it probably means someone else tells me so, it doesnt say that. Does strict imply administering by an external body? Where is that?

Burgey

So they 'mingled'. Who mingled with them? What's wrong with some people?
Based on victorias shut down, ill wager that the rules are actually not so clear. All of them were wishy washy grey.
rules in quarantine are pretty clear as I understand. Annoying but not hard to understand

Burgey

Nah. If you cant see the wording is open to many interpretations you are blind. Poo poo the players if that does it for you.
Nah, screw this mate. They are international sportspeople who had the rules explained to them beforehand. They can **** off for thinking the rules don’t apply to them