• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Six Pakistan cricketers test positive for Covid-19 in New Zealand.
Six Pakistan cricketers have tested positive for Covid-19 while preparing for an upcoming series in New Zealand, while the entire team has been issued a “final warning” from the government after members of its extended squad breached isolation rules.
NZ Cricket has issued a statement confirming six members of the touring squad who are currently in managed isolation in Christchurch had tested positive for the virus.
Two of these six results have been deemed “historical”; four have been confirmed as new. The cricket authority said that all members of the 50-plus touring squad had tested negative for the virus before leaving Lahore.
But NZ Cricket also said it had been “made aware that some members of the Pakistan team had contravened protocols on the first day of managed isolation”.
“We will be having discussions with the tourists to assist them in understanding the requirements,” it said in a statement.

The NZ Ministry of Health issued a terse statement saying that “several team members have been seen on CCTV at the facility breaching managed isolation rules, despite clear, consistent and detailed communication of expected behaviours while in the facility”.
“The team as a whole has been issued with a final warning,” it said in its statement.

“It’s important to note that all incidents of breaches occurred within the facility and there is no risk to the public."
This ****ing ****s me. WTF is wrong with people?

Burgey

Waiting for the inevitable "they are but young, teenage goat herds who should be forgiven" bull**** to erupt in 3, 2, 1....

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sometimes the smallest act of carelessness can endanger an entire community. Irrespective of these players' age and mental faculties, there are non-negotiables you sign up for as a professional sportsman representing your country at the international stage. They need to do better.

Burgey

What a surprise that entitled ****wit would see it that way.

Also, "great." FMD the bar is low these days.

Edit: FMD hat article is just the longest single cringe I've read since the transcript of Trump's first post-election presser.

TheJediBrah

What a surprise that entitled ****wit would see it that way.

Also, "great." FMD the bar is low these days.

Edit: FMD hat article is just the longest single cringe I've read since the transcript of Trump's first post-election presser.
Wouldn't surprise me if the far-left kiwis apologise to the poor touring team in acknowledgement of their privilege

For someone who claims to be left-wing your elitism and denigration of these discriminated-against minorities is very concerning

:ph34r:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
it's funny how ardently left wing burgey is(like full on union boss stuff) until it comes to the subcontinent then all bets are off

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
also Shoaib 'warning' the NZ government implies he has some ability to punish them if they ignore their warning right? what does he have over them I wonder