• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official Australia in England 2020 (Non-Ashes)*****

chris.hinton

International Captain
Australia coming to England

T20 Internationals:

Friday, September 4: First T20, Southampton (6pm start)
Sunday, September 6: Second T20, Southampton (2pm start)
Tuesday, September 8: Third T20, Southampton (6pm start)

One-Day Internationals

Friday, September 11: First ODI, Old Trafford (1pm start)
Sunday, September 13: Second ODI, Old Trafford (1pm start)
Wednesday, September 16: Third ODI, Old Trafford (1pm start)

Last edited by a moderator:

aussie tragic

International Captain
Australia's squad

Batsmen: Aaron Finch (c), David Warner, Steven Smith, Marnus Labuschagne, Glenn Maxwell, Matthew Wade, Marcus Stoinis

Allrounder: Ashton Agar, Mitchell Marsh, Daniel Sams

WK: Alex Carey, Josh Phillippe

Pace: Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins (vc), Josh Hazlewood, Sean Abbott, Riley Meredith, Kane Richardson, Andrew Tye

Spinner: Adam Zampa, Nathan Lyon

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Imagine a team with Steven Smith, Josh Philippe and Marnus Labuschagne in it. It's like Smith, his clone and his heir.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Derinitely like to see Philippe given some game time coming up, Riley Meredith too. Much rather have a look at those guys who could be a fixture going forward in a series like this as opposed to something more prestigious later down the line.

That being said, shouldn't go too far with the chopping and changing, especially with fast bowling. Resting all of Cummins, Starc and Hazlewood in the same game would be seriously dumb for example

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That being said, shouldn't go too far with the chopping and changing, especially with fast bowling. Resting all of Cummins, Starc and Hazlewood in the same game would be seriously dumb for example
Can't see that happening with this being the only cricket for a while. What would you be resting them from?

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't see that happening with this being the only cricket for a while. What would you be resting them from?
I can't see any reason why to do it whatsoever myself, but never underestimate the capacity for Australia to do something seriously bizarre selection wise

aussie tragic

International Captain
Last 3 T20s for Aus had an unchanged side

Warner
Finch
Smith
Wade
Marsh
Carey
Agar
Starc
Cummins
Zampa
Richardson

For the first T20, I see an easy change of Maxwell in for Wade. Question is will they give Labuschagne his T20i debut in for one of Marsh or Agar (which one depends on pitch)

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Must admit I forgot the T20s were first

Not sold on Labuschagne as a T20 batsman tbh, his record for the Heat isn't anything to write home about but that being said it isn't like he's had a solid run at it. Maxwell is a lock for that team IMO, although where in the order I don't know. Don't mind him coming in early in the shortest format personally, but that doesn't seem likely

aussie tragic

International Captain
^ Labuschagne's FC and OD record for Qld wasn't anything to write home about either. Now he averages over 60 in Tests and 50 in ODIs :)

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
^ Labuschagne's FC and OD record for Qld wasn't anything to write home about either. Now he averages over 60 in Tests and 50 in ODIs :)
His 50 over record was always pretty good iirc, at least for QLD

And on his first class record, it wasn't fantastic but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as people like to claim. Second on the Shield run scorers list the season before his test dayboo, with Smith and Warner being B& for a year he wasn't a bolter or a left field pick at all. Certainly not a random selection by any means

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agree. At least make it a 5-7 game series with and a T20 tri-series with Pakistan or something.