• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** County Cricket 2020

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain

theegyptian

Likely to be lots of opportunities for younger players with lots of overseas and kolpak players not coming.

It sucks being England 12th man at the best of times. Many a summer has been disrupted shuttling drinks as the unfortunate 12th man in each test squad.

Even worse this years for the likes of Lawrence, Leach, Bracey and Foakes who aren't even in the 14 man squad, but are in the bubble and so aren't available for county selection.

A lot of the counties have been improving their streams since last year. Watching some of the pre season friendlies this past week some now have replays and the ability to cut to side on cameras.

theegyptian

Surrey particularly impacted. Burns, Curran, Pope, Foakes (all test), Curran, Topley Roy (odi), Amla and Morkel (stuck overseas). 5 other bowlers including Plunkett and Dernbach injured or not match fit.

theegyptian

Hameed, Trego and Barber debut for Notts.
Bresnan debuts for Warwickshire.
Malan debuts for Yorkshire.
Ben Aitchison has been signed by Derbyshire. Hadn't heard of him until he turned up bowling well in Australian grade cricket this winter.
Luke Wells left out by Sussex. Contract expires at the end of the season. Couple of rookies debuting for Sussex.
3 fc debutants for Lancs from their youth setup.

Chubb

International Regular
Tried the Essex, Somerset and Notts live-streams. So far, Notts is the one working best. Essex was jerky, Somersets audio was out of sync.

theegyptian

Some of these teams look vastly different and weaker, some look similar. Leicestershire for instance look similar, if not stronger to last year. Tommy Taylor fit again, Slater on loan. Still the rank outsiders with the bookies not surprisingly.

Essex a little weaker batting wise. Backbone of the team remains, Bopara and Lawrence apart. Cook, RTD, Harmer, Porter all playing.

Hopefully Matt Fisher of Yorkshire can stay fit this year. Would think a lions trip this winter a possibility if he does stay fit.

Woodster

International Captain
Tried the Essex, Somerset and Notts live-streams. So far, Notts is the one working best. Essex was jerky, Somersets audio was out of sync.
Yes watching the Essex stream through YouTube on the tele, it is pretty jittery though a very decent picture when it works!

Too many floaty half-volleys from Porter early on but at least he’s getting it up there and risking being driven, Kent’s batsmen have just put most of those over pitched balls away.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Former Parramatta import Jack White making his FC debut for Northants today. Good luck Pom

Woodster

International Captain
Former Parramatta import Jack White making his FC debut for Northants today. Good luck Pom
Didn’t know he was debuting today, excellent. Played against Jack, decent bowler, loves a moan on the pitch, but good lad off it!

Howe_zat

Audio File
Bresnan and Sidebottom bowling together on the scorecard threw me for a moment there.
I'm going to try and go see Warwickshire at some point this year if possible. Haven't been to watch county cricket since I left Leeds and it feels like I'm being called out.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Ben Duckett batting with Haseeb Hameed for Notts this morning in an intriguing case of 'what might have been'.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Surrey particularly impacted. Burns, Curran, Pope, Foakes (all test), Curran, Topley Roy (odi), Amla and Morkel (stuck overseas). 5 other bowlers including Plunkett and Dernbach injured or not match fit.

Yup. You'll have to look very hard to find a weaker Surrey attack that they one we've put out today. I was actually pleasantly surprised to see Virdi playing as I knew he was in the original big squad and hadn't clocked that he was released when it became the smaller squad.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Good day for the Howe brand with the newly bolstered Warks attack bowling Northants out and Yorkshire likely to match that in Durham.

I'll be curious to see what Warwickshire do to fit Chris Woakes back into the side, if they ever have to this season, and I have a sneaking suspicion that their solution may involve the loss of my fledgling support.