• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Under 19 World Cup 2020

sunilz

International Regular
If you are fine with mocking of other people's 2nd or 3rd language, then you shouldn't complain when people mock you for your look ( Symonds).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If you are fine with mocking of other people's 2nd or 3rd language, then you shouldn't complain when people mock you for your look ( Symonds).
OMG Seriously?

I swear we should make an ammendment where wherever someone unduly brings up Sydney 2008 it's a twenty-pointer or something. This is beyond a joke now. We have people who joined the forum ten years after it happened bringing it up!

FFS guys, move on. This applies to "the other side" too. Stop it.

I guess the funniest thing is that that the flag-waving ****s from the other side aren't saying "lol okay ban Symonds for life now and we'll set the precedent and ban your players" .... even though that's the logical play. No-one wants to pick Symonds or Harbhajan now several years after they've retired, and yet here we are and it's still a thing. Ugh.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Are you serious? Mocking the fan who is using his 2nd or 3rd language, is trying to praise you and is largely the source of all your future income is fair game and pretty brilliant? It is borderline racist. Supposedly they got it back with interest from the Indian team.
How much satire and facetiousness would you want to remove from Aussie culture though, just for some lame 'we're going to remunerate them really well for a long time, they shouldn't be getting too impertinent to their new boss' sort of reason. Clearly what GAS meant by saying it was pretty brilliant is that they weren't jumping onto an individual's account and bullying him, they were merely doing a send-up within their own social circle of a general experience they'd had.

The freedom to use satire and caricatures as a way to push back on power is obviously an important thing to retain, it's just complicated in cricket at this current point in time by the fact that 'the boss' is split into about 1.4 billion separate entities, not many of whom in isolation feel all that mighty and powerful.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Honestly Aussie accent and language gets mocked the most in the world. As long as nothing is said offensive that's all right although what are the 19s lads getting into. It's unnecessary in my opinion. These days nothing goes unnoticed and last thing you want is this thing blown out of proportions. They are just kids and the social media will hammer them.

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I think any offended Australians or Indians should go to YouTube and watch "How to talk Australians" (warning if you get offended by crass language). It caricatures both countries equally.

sunilz

International Regular
There is a massive difference between general people mocking others language skill and an international cricketer doing the same. Wasn't Warner fined for doing the same to Rohit Sharma?

nzfan

insta.jpeg

This is what happened for those that don't know. I'm not on insta or social media thank god for that so don't understand what's the fuss is about. I suppose the kids having a bit of fun without knowing it may hurt some sentiments.

nzfan

A very costly drop off McKenzie, the lads collided and drop dropped an easy one.

They're just going after our best bowler Ashok. 40 runs taken off his 4 overs. Looks like they're targeting him.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
View attachment 25064

This is what happened for those that don't know. I'm not on insta or social media thank god for that so don't understand what's the fuss is about. I suppose the kids having a bit of fun without knowing it may hurt some sentiments.
Kids on Instagram talking to each other

Seriously dumb that they didn’t know it was open

My 9yo can tell the difference and these kids would’ve been warned

nzfan

West Indies messing it up big time they're 191/6 after 38. Looking like they don't want to play 50 overs. Throwing away wickets recklessly. We don't mind but that's some average batting after such a good start.

Beamer

West Indies messing it up big time they're 191/6 after 38. Looking like they don't want to play 50 overs. Throwing away wickets recklessly. We don't mind but that's some average batting after such a good start.
Our batting is prone to this unfortunately. Might well still be enough though as our bowling is so good.

nzfan

Never seen anything of this sort ever. McKenzie on 99 retires hurt due to cramps and taken off in a stretcher. Unbelievable.

nzfan

West Indies lads can bat till no 11... didn't realize that. They've posted 232 despite losing wickets consistently. Is McKenzie going to come out to bat and get to his well deserved hundy if a wicket falls?