• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Under 19 World Cup 2020

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fanning is a nice mixture of Adrian Griffith, Sourav Ganguly, Graeme smith, Sir Allister Cook, Soumya Sarkar, and Adam Gilchrist.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I wish for once we had an under 19 fast bowler who can rise through the ranks and justify the hype, instead of injuring themselves and being a side note for the next 3 years. :(

slippy888

International Captain
Lol cricket is the hardest sport you mug, richer countries are not even good at it. What has population got to do with if a country should be good at sport.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Watched the first 10-15 overs, Jaiswal was looking pretty good. Aussie bowling was tidy. The opening bowlers were both decent but no searing pace anymore. Willans is a very tall bowler but was bowling under 130s which likely is 120 given how they bump up the speed gun. Looked like the bowling went fine for Aussies but batting doesn't seemed to have worked. I think India will get to the finals despite this team not as good as the one that was in NZ two years ago. This Indian team is more about the team work rather than relying on one or two players.

Big game coming up for NZ lads today vs West Indies. West Indies is a form team but I'm guessing West Indies 19s can be hot and cold. Our lads won't start as favorites but that's when our lads seem to do well... Looking forward to this one.

Neptune

State Vice-Captain
Lol cricket is the hardest sport you mug, richer countries are not even good at it. What has population got to do with if a country should be good at sport.
Calm down sweetheart, it was just an observation.

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Big game coming up for NZ lads today vs West Indies. West Indies is a form team but I'm guessing West Indies 19s can be hot and cold. Our lads won't start as favorites but that's when our lads seem to do well... Looking forward to this one.
I've watched most of our Under 19 Internationals since 2019 and I would say that our bowling is consistently top quality. The batting, however, is exactly as you describe, hot and cold. Looking forward to the match. No matter what happens, what I have seen from Julien, Anderson, Young, Searles, Forde and Nedd has me very excited for our future.

sunilz

International Regular
Did Buttler and Aus U19 players really mock Yashasvi Jaiswal's poor English? Or are those fake images circulating in social media. People are saying they deleted those posts later.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yash's story is one of the best ever in Indian cricket AFAIC. To hell with those idiots if they were actually doing it. I am not surprised that social media bullying is the in thing today though.

sphynx

U19 Debutant
Aussies batting didn't really fire the whole tournament.

Confident there's quite a few national team players here though.

Davies didn't fire a shot the whole tournament with the big rep he had coming in, will be interesting to see how he progress' the next 24 months.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
From what I saw the Aus team were mocking the sort of stereotypical Indian cricket fan found on facebook, which is 100% fair game and pretty brilliant IMO

No idea what Buttler said or did, but nothing would surprise me tbh

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Did Buttler and Aus U19 players really mock Yashasvi Jaiswal's poor English? Or are those fake images circulating in social media. People are saying they deleted those posts later.
It wasn't mocking Yashasvi's English. It was mocking the english of the average Indian cricket fan who is trying to praise the players he likes. Very poor taste.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
From what I saw the Aus team were mocking the sort of stereotypical Indian cricket fan found on facebook, which is 100% fair game and pretty brilliant IMO

No idea what Buttler said or did, but nothing would surprise me tbh
Are you serious? Mocking the fan who is using his 2nd or 3rd language, is trying to praise you and is largely the source of all your future income is fair game and pretty brilliant? It is borderline racist. Supposedly they got it back with interest from the Indian team.