• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure if this is a serious post.

TJB are you old enough to have ever watched a test match played in Pakistan? Or have you started watching cricket from 2010?
How is any of this relevant to what I said? I made no comment whatsoever about test cricket in pakistan. I was commenting on analysis of the statistics.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
This thread has been a dumpster fire recently, so here's a best Namibian XV

Raymond van Schoor
Stephan Baard
Jan-Berrie Burger
Daniel Kuelder
Craig Williams
Deon Kotze
Nicolaas Scholtz
Melt van Schoor
Gerrie Snyman
Sarel Burger
Jan Frylinck
Kola Burger
Bernard Scholtz
Louis Klazinga

Left out a couple of the younger blokes like Erasmus and JP Kotze, largely on the basis they should have most of their career ahead of them. Frylinck was 50/50 for the same reason

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Talk about missing the point.
What point, Coronis? Care to enlighten me rather than taking these snipey, vague pot-shots & dragging this out? I can't be blamed if you got emotionally scarred & embarrassed about getting schooled re: Barrington, & now you've taken the angle of being the victim of personal attacks to try & draw sympathy. You're like a child that doesn't know how to deal with his anger.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
What point, Coronis? Care to enlighten me rather than taking these snipey, vague pot-shots & dragging this out? I can't be blamed if you got emotionally scarred & embarrassed about getting schooled re: Barrington, & now you've taken the angle of being the victim of personal attacks to try & draw sympathy. You're like a child that doesn't know how to deal with his anger.
Sorry, when did you school me? You brought up a random quote about him as a player and then started insulting me in every post, even wasting time photoshopping an image just to attack me? Yes, I’m the one acting like a child...

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, didn't think you were gonna provide me an answer. You seem to wanna drag this on forever, lighten up homeboy.

I'm done with you on this matter. No more ****fighting plz.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
True but this one was boring.
Yeah, well it was an argument about statistics, which are generally pretty dry & boring. Guess not even the magazine meme worked to ramp up the entertainment. As for Coronis, You guys are right, he's completely harmless. Kinda feel bad in a way for blasting him. If he reached out to me & offered a truce, & perhaps started speaking to people with a bit more dignity around here, I'd accept it & move on. I guess I became amused by trialling someone who had little knowledge on a topic, & watching them keep up with the charade. At least where things stand at the moment there's a chance I may have planted a seed in his mind in regards to his stats-worship, which might make him think again when venerating players solely for their statistical merit on the forum. Overall, this might hopefully mean less of using stats to complete an argument in general.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I assume Jimmy and Coronis were just working to show that the CW feuds are a lot better than PC or other feuds. Kudos, guys. :p
A feud of the decade thread would be interesting. I'd personally nominate Miyagi vs everyone. Though there have been some other beauties, that epic *****/Burgey feud was 5-star.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
A feud of the decade thread would be interesting. I'd personally nominate Miyagi vs everyone. Though there have been some other beauties, that epic *****/Burgey feud was 5-star.

I know you said decade, but if you care to dig up the forums enough, you will find any number of tooextracool Vs Richard arguments. No one anywhere can beat them IMO. :)

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Imagine what stephen would do if he actually posted or read a site with obnoxiously partisan Indian fans. This place is nothing by comparison.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Imagine what stephen would do if he actually posted or read a site with obnoxiously partisan Indian fans. This place is nothing by comparison.
Yeah the Indians on this site are mostly pretty decent, but there does seem to be a cultural obsession with stats. There is a good reason I stay off Reddit.

Stats can be misleading. Jhye Richardson did not bowl one of the best t20 spells in history last night, despite his first 3 overs only going for 5 runs. Scoring a hundred coming in at 3/300 isn't as important or impressive as scoring a hundred for your side when your 3/50. All I ever really ask is to look at the context of stats when assessing them. After all, there's lies, damned lies and statistics.