• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in New Zealand 2019

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
What makes me think that this Eng-NZ 2 match series (ridiculous) is going to be the best series of the summer.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Bit of a result that ESPN+ is carrying this series. I only picked up the service as its bundled with Disney+ and it makes a change not having to spend 10 minutes every hour finding a stream as the one you had on is down or you've just grown tired of watching Indic ads with some cricket baked in. Stream quality is great as well.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Typical rearguard innings from Watling, runs from De Grandhomme, Archer being the most expensive bowler and going wicketless, England only picking up two wickets, all in all a satisfying days' cricket.

Spark

Global Moderator
This is a weird and small thing but I genuinely think England's post-day interviews after a poor day are consistently the worst in their class.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Very ordinary day in the field from England. Full credit to New Zealand. But Joe Root is just not a captain.
I read some grumbles about how he handled his bowlers. Fair comments? I didn't follow any of the day's play, but it wouldn't be the first time that Root's been clueless in that regard,

FBU

International Debutant
250 runs for the loss of only 2 wickets is a good day's work for NZ. Watling is glue.

Ideally we don't lose early wickets in the morning and get a lead of 200+ by mid-afternoon. I'm curious to see how Southee bats.
Would love to see a repeat of his 77* just to see how Root manages the bowling and fields. He will probably be Archer's first wicket.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Terrific as usual from Watling, even better considering the NZ top 5 haven't really pulled their weight. Thought that NZ's relative lack of test cricket in the last couple of years might have dulled his edge a bit but he seems to be getting better with age. Really hope he's in good form when the Aus tour comes along, I don't expect the lower order to have too many answers to their attack.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Watling and CDG were great but I’d imagine some of the top order would be kicking themselves for giving it away on this deck. Just not one to force the pace on and I think it’s another NZ timeless test pitch that won’t break up. Ever.

Frost

U19 Debutant
Archer has been disappointing, listening to some of the commenters online I was ready to see a genuine quick. Curren has looked the best, wonder if they replace Archer with Wood once he's fit.

Flem274*

123/5
dobell wrote a pretty sulky article on cricinfo about the pitch lol

it looks a good deck for batting but both sides have bowlers who can render the pitch irrelevant. i wouldn't be surprised at all to get broad spelled or archer'd in our second innings.

hoping to see an improved performance in the field from nz. more catches going down with 2 days left is not ideal.

Frost

U19 Debutant
Pitch is fine, flat but fine, both sides if they bat/bowl well can get a result.
As a NZ fan I would be pretty disappointed if they lost to this Eng side.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
dobell wrote a pretty sulky article on cricinfo about the pitch lol

it looks a good deck for batting but both sides have bowlers who can render the pitch irrelevant. i wouldn't be surprised at all to get broad spelled or archer'd in our second innings.

hoping to see an improved performance in the field from nz. more catches going down with 2 days left is not ideal.
I know and the title is about BJ Watling but he gets like two sentences as he whinges about an unhelpful pitch and its impact on a depressed England team.

What a prick, someone should tweet at him that Moeen Ali's test career is done just to piss him off.