• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

andmark

International Captain
For what it's worth, other than Germany deserving to be a player down, their second goal was with the run of play. England's best chances have been long balls for the past half hour despite seemingly being a possession-heavy side during the World Cup. The commentators have also rightly noted England appearing tired throughout much of the second half which would appear to be an issue.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
David Ornstein is reporting in the Athletic that Arsenal are 100% behind Emery.

There was a really interesting piece on his time in Spain, Russia and France as well.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Will at least be two now, international break again. Probably a life-saver for him tbh, gives everyone a chance to calm down a little.

Next game is Southampton at home, and they're real toss at the moment, so if they can't win that it really is game over.

andmark

International Captain
I had a dream last night with Liverpool facing Man City, albeit with weird rules and in a foreign country. City won 4-1. About as honest a prediction as I can give for that match.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Reckon Pool will get it done today tbh.
I dunno, I think Guardiola's biggest failing as a coach is a failure to win big games that his teams don't necessarily have to, like away first legs in Champions League knockouts.

Even at this early stage I feel this game is a must win for City, and I don't think they'll set out as cautiously as they often do in games like these.

andmark

International Captain
A Liverpool win would have weird affects on the table. City would go to fourth behind Chelsea and Leicester.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I dunno, I think Guardiola's biggest failing as a coach is a failure to win big games that his teams don't necessarily have to, like away first legs in Champions League knockouts.

Even at this early stage I feel this game is a must win for City, and I don't think they'll set out as cautiously as they often do in games like these.
The injury toll for City too large imo. Our first choice keeper, defender and 2 of the top 4 midfielders all out (not even mentioning Sane).