• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in India, Sep/Oct 2019

Shri

Mr. Glass
England and Australia (Aus with Smith) are the only places, really.
you people need to stop saying aus with smith like its a ****ing red herring ffs

if we look at things that way, aus has never won a series here is india when tendulkar was fully fit either

we beat a team that was put in front of us

australia's own fault if anything because that stupid thing didn't deserve a ban in the first place so **** 'em

ishqiya

School Boy/Girl Captain
So u think India will start off as favorites in rsa , nz and Australia (at full strength)?? India thrashed rsa similarly a few years ago at home and got beat in the follow up. No team outside of Australia would be favorites to win in NZ. As for Australia, we'll see in a few months. But nobody was really surprised that India won the last test series, two of their most important players were missing....Smith is and hungry as ever and since we're comparing team results oz drew in England where india got smashed 4-1.
Yeah but England were missing James Anderson there, one of their most important players was missing. Australian posters like to point Smith missing for the 2018 home series against Ind but conveniently manage to omit Anderson being missing in England (similar to the Lyon vs Ashwin/Jaddu arguments). It doesn't work both ways. Fact of the matter is despite all the bravado by most Australian posters Australia has lost to India both HOME and AWAY. Ind start as favorites against Aus anywhere.

And Ind didnt beat RSA similarly last time. They were on turners. This pace attack changes everything.

Last edited:

Slifer

International Captain
Yeah but England were missing James Anderson there, one of their most important players was missing. Australian posters like to point Smith missing for the 2018 home series against Ind but conveniently manage to omit Anderson being missing in England (similar to the Lyon vs Ashwin/Jaddu arguments). It doesn't work both ways. Fact of the matter is despite all the bravado by most Australian posters Australia has lost to India both HOME and AWAY. Ind start as favorites against Aus anywhere.

And Ind didnt beat RSA similarly last time. They were on turners. This pace attack changes everything.
Jofra Archer was more than an adequate cover for Anderson. And I'm not an aussie poster. Right after the SL win in RSA, cricinfo did a ranking of top 6 series upsets ie underdogs winning. Wi beating England was on there, so was SLs win in RSA. India won in Australia for the first time ever but no one really was surprised or thought it was an upset. Two guesses why....

ishqiya

School Boy/Girl Captain
Jofra Archer was more than an adequate cover for Anderson. And I'm not an aussie poster. Right after the SL win in RSA, cricinfo did a ranking of top 6 series upsets ie underdogs winning. Wi beating England was on there, so was SLs win in RSA. India won in Australia for the first time ever but no one really was surprised or thought it was an upset. Two guesses why....
cause they were the favorites.

also anderson broad archer would have been even more difficult.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rubbish in some conditions + ATG in others = decent 8-)
Anyone who saw the England-India series and thought India were rubbish wasn't paying attention. Unless they also thought England were rubbish, then that's fair game.

Chrish

International Debutant
Anyone who saw the England-India series and thought India were rubbish wasn't paying attention. Unless they also thought England were rubbish, then that's fair game.
Wasn’t meant to be a serious comment. I was just replying to this poster using his own logic.

Going forward, I would just ignore him.

Slifer

International Captain
This is factually wrong because I was very surprised.
I wasn't and it seems most pundits werent either.I wish I could find the posts leading up to that series but everyone thought that this would be the best opportunity for India to win down under and we all know why that was. Again india is a very good team away. No one is disputing that just that they're not favorites away to any of the so called SENA teams.

Shri

Mr. Glass
but everyone thought that this would be the best opportunity for India to win down under and we all know why that was
They have been saying that for 5 years everywhere we tour. And our losses have been really close where we have lost tests in one bad session rather than being outplayed for days. Some because of selection blunders by the think tank and some because of the skill of the opposition. Smith wouldn't have made a difference in Aus because their losees were not close contests where one guy could have made a difference. He'd have been not out in one end while we got others out - best case.

Slifer

International Captain
They have been saying that for 5 years everywhere we tour. And our losses have been really close where we have lost tests in one bad session rather than being outplayed for days. Some because of selection blunders by the think tank and some because of the skill of the opposition. Smith wouldn't have made a difference in Aus because their losees were not close contests where one guy could have made a difference. He'd have been not out in one end while we got others out - best case.
Umm Smith wasn't the only person missing. David home track bully Warner was as well. And the first test was not a thrashing by any means; india won by 31 runs. ???? The third test, india put 400 on the board and oz made 150 odd. Considering what smith has always done to India at home and warner yeah no way Australia get rolled for 150. So yeah those two players most certainly would have made a difference.

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/79078-official-india-tour-australia-2018-19-a.html

That's the link to the India in oz thread with more or less most posters deeming this India's best chance to win away. And that's only down to one reason....

Shri

Mr. Glass
Umm Smith wasn't the only person missing. David home track bully Warner was as well. And the first test was not a thrashing by any means; india won by 31 runs. ???? The third test, india put 400 on the board and oz made 150 odd. Considering what smith has always done to India at home and warner yeah no way Australia get rolled for 150. So yeah those two players most certainly would have made a difference.

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/79078-official-india-tour-australia-2018-19-a.html

That's the link to the India in oz thread with more or less most posters deeming this India's best chance to win away. And that's only down to one reason....
yeah the one reason was an in form pace attack

Slifer

International Captain
Anyway, india has been the dominant team for last few years and are rightfully far and away the best team atm. Enjoy it while it lasts but for the love of god, don't get bent out of shape if one or two people over a critique here or there. I'm neutral seeing that I'm neither from SENA or Asia.