• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in India, Sep/Oct 2019

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
We have had good discussion in the ATG thread on the 5 year old peak of individual bowlers. How about the 5 year peak of a set of bowlers ?

Ishant, Bumrah, Shami, Ashwin and Jadeja have taken 714 wickets at 24.21 in the past 5 years(period starting Nov 1 2014). Pretty much proves that indian bowling has been at high class level for a sustained period of time now.

Slifer

International Captain
This is how I felt when SA used to thrash us (WI) every time we went to play them.
Ditto. But this crap about tests being boring and only the big 3 should tour India is bs. All teams outside of Australia, that have toured India recently have been thrashed, ala Australia in the late 90s early 2000s. The saving grace, is that India is no where near dominant outside the subcontinent. Also, the supposed other two big 3 teams are also quite beatable. B4 the ashes, England lost to the wi and Australia lost at home to India.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
This is India's time to dominate, lets give them their due, they have a great team... rest of the worlds teams are actually quite crap batting frailties everywhere.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The real question is, what the **** happened to the Indian diet that is suddenly resulting in performing fast bowlers?

Slifer

International Captain
This is India's time to dominate, lets give them their due, they have a great team... rest of the worlds teams are actually quite crap batting frailties everywhere.
Exactly, give india their due. And to Indian fans who scoff at the other teams, it wasn't too long ago Australia was doing the same, they were brought bk down to earth. And again, India are dominant at home, they'd start off as underdogs in the so called SENA countries (assuming Australia are at full strength).

ishqiya

School Boy/Girl Captain
The real question is, what the **** happened to the Indian diet that is suddenly resulting in performing fast bowlers?
Tbh, the economy grew. India with it's billion plus cricket crazy population were always supposed to be the best team in the world. Except for the fact that most of the people were poor and could not afford the diet or facilities for becoming professional sportsmen. Now with 7% growth for over 20 years you can clearly see the changes manifesting. These guys are simply the pioneers. Future generations will be even better as India keeps getting richer.

ishqiya

School Boy/Girl Captain
Exactly, give india their due. And to Indian fans who scoff at the other teams, it wasn't too long ago Australia was doing the same, they were brought bk down to earth. And again, India are dominant at home, they'd start off as underdogs in the so called SENA countries (assuming Australia are at full strength).
I dont think India team will ever become weak. Australia is a first world country of 20 million operating at maximum potential. India is going to keep on growing at 6-7% for decades now.

Slifer

International Captain
I dont think India team will ever become weak. Australia is a first world country of 20 million operating at maximum potential. India is going to keep on growing at 6-7% for decades now.
India probably won't ever be weak at home but away...

ishqiya

School Boy/Girl Captain
India probably won't ever be weak at home but away...
Naah. Even away is trending upwards. In the 90s India didnt even win away matches. In the early 2000s matches have been won. Starting from mid 2000s India has won series in WI multiple times, SL multiple times, Eng, NZ, Aus. Only SA is left and even there they have managed to win matches for the first time from the mid 2000s and drew a series in 2010.

For all the talk of India being weak away India has the best away record in recent times and only country to have a W/L ratio greater than 1 away. WI also is "away" (ask England) as is SL (ask SA and Aus).

Slifer

International Captain
Naah. Even away is trending upwards. In the 90s India didnt even win away matches. In the early 2000s matches have been won. Starting from mid 2000s India has won series in WI multiple times, SL multiple times, Eng, NZ, Aus. Only SA is left and even there they have managed to win matches for the first time from the mid 2000s and drew a series in 2010.

For all the talk of India being weak away India has the best away record in recent times and only country to have a W/L ratio greater than 1 away. WI also is "away" (ask England) as is SL (ask SA and Aus).
My point is that Indian likely won't be anywhere near as dominant away as they are at home. I never said India were weak away. I said they'd start off as underdogs in certain countries (SENA). Only the truly atg teams are dominant away. India currently is great at home, very good away. Don't see that changing much in the near future but of course I could be wrong....