• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Headingley, Leeds

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am still a touch nervous tbh, the Shai Hope game springs to mind.

Love watching Hope bat, shame he still hasn't found the consistency required for Test cricket
Yeah I'd love another 70 and to bat another session. That will probably be enough to put the game beyond doubt (300-320 can be chased even if it's not too likely)

Burgey

Sides usually do a lot better next innings after a collapse, and I fully expect this crack england outfit to double their first innings total second time around here.

ajdude

International Coach
i hope this goes into tomorrow because sky sport nz in their wisdom have decided to use their 9 channels to give us darts and australian domestic netball instead of this days play.
sounds like fox sports australia's obsession with surfing replays

Burgey

FMD. England starting another day bowling and as they walk out the sun goes behind a cloud. They’ve been consistent

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jeez. Archer really is not 'that' tall. Maybe the 6'2" estimate was correct. I think the estimate on the Cricket Australia profile (182 cm) is probably a typo though.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Long arms though, ball comes down from a serious height.
The height of delivery is often very dependent on torso position - his is very high - but I wouldn't be surprised if he had significantly longer arms than average too. I know Allan Donald did, and it doesn't seem to be too uncommon amongst fast bowlers. It'd be interesting to see a profile of fast bowlers by arm span actually.

Burgey

Still gripping he surface isn’t it

Patto all expansive with the one knee attempted cover drive

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I hope the administrators are watching Labu. It shows what can be achieved if you hone your skills in the County Championship instead of the IPL.

trundler

Pattinson looks a decent 8. He's certainly above 'no mug' or 'can a bat a bit'. I'd have him just below the 'solid' level.

thierry henry

International Coach
I think this is the first day of Ashes cricket not on Sky NZ that I can recall? And it’s a random day in the middle of a test when there are more sports channels than ever. Absolutely bizarre.

Uppercut

How many less runs would Australia have scored if England had a third man and competent ground fielding? Must be over 100.