• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not necessarily. I think it freed him up, because if you've got nine blokes out you can throw hands at it with impunity.
Which ring positions are worth keeping up purely for catches when the batsman is declining the single?

Uppercut

He had no trouble piercing a 90 yard ring so obviously he’d have been pinned down by a 30 yard ring.

Uppercut

You’re missing my point. It wasn’t til they put blokes back that he put the foot down.
No he put the foot down when Siddle got out, and they put the field back because they knew he would. They happened at the same time but one didn’t cause the other.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
He was happy to take one an over towards the end of the over and dispatch any loose deliveries. At 230/9 they should be trying to get him out. You’re obviously not going to have 5 slips, two gulleys and a short leg, but 9 men on the boundary is pitiful.

hazsa19

International Regular
Unfortunately it feels like a pivotal day already in this series. If we don’t get 350/400 we lose this match with Jimmy out. If we lose this match with Jimmy out for the rest of the series, I can’t see us coming back.

PikeyB

School Boy/Girl Captain
We spent 30 overs bowling a wet dishcloth yesterday . Australia has already had plenty luck with the weather :) .