• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
As weird as it sounds, ill remember the amazing world cup final for howe and ***** as much as say bairstow and nicholls.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway. Agree with some of the other sentiments from Kiwi posters. I don't really feel disappointment, I'm proud of the team (even Henry). It literally couldn't have been a closer game and the way both teams fought tooth and claw to stay in the match was impressive. It's a good day for cricket, even if wasn't New Zealand's day.
I’m just sad because there are so many if only’s. If only Nicholls hadn’t encouraged Guptill to review. If only Boult had tossed the ball to the nearby fielder when he had the chance. If only Stokes bat hadn’t gotten in the way of the ball. If only KW had thrown the ball to Ferguson for the super over. If only Guptill’s brains weren’t so scrambled by his month from hell and he’d gone for the boundary off the last ball.

The truth is that England handled the big moments better, and that’s why they’re champions. Hats off to them.

For NZ, it’s impossible not to be proud of them given all the flack they’ve copped about not being worthy semi-finalists, and for repeatedly pulling out clutch performances to win big games. They were bound to be on the wrong end of one of these thrillers eventually, just a shame it had to be today.

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
Fiery was banned about 10 years ago and the poster that mentioned "no bad kiwis in my time" joined in 2014.
I had it in my head he made a return for a bit off the back of CS, acted like a **** again and was banned, or flounced off.

I might just be mixing him with blocky, both cut from the same used bit of bog roll.

thierry henry

International Coach
Why is everyone being so ****ing gracious

As the resident low-quality Kiwi poster, WE WERE ****ING ROBBED AND THERE IS NO REASON TO LIVE ANYMORE

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why is everyone being so ****ing gracious
I've been thinking the same thing lol

Almost like the kiwi supporters have been pressured into being uber-gracious because of their reputation of being good sports and they don't want to ruin it

They have every right to be pissed off IMO

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I'm mad that the super over rules are so daft. Just have a second ****ing super over ffs.

Other than that, greatest ODI of all time. Gutted that we 'lost', but it was something special. Luck went against us everywhere.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
I'm sad about the game, and some of the things that happened in the game, but we had chances that we could have taken despite them and we didn't. I'm not disappointed in the team because they've done really well and came oh so close.

Without trying to sound too salty, one of my friends on Facebook was posting about how the overthrows ball should only have been a 5 instead of a 6 because the batsmen hadn't crossed when Guptill threw the ball? I do not know if this is the correct application of the rules or whether that is actually true factually but wondered what people's thoughts were? What does our resident umpire ***** think?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm sad about the game, and some of the things that happened in the game, but we had chances that we could have taken despite them and we didn't. I'm not disappointed in the team because they've done really well and came oh so close.

Without trying to sound too salty, one of my friends on Facebook was posting about how the overthrows ball should only have been a 5 instead of a 6 because the batsmen hadn't crossed when Guptill threw the ball? I do not know if this is the correct application of the rules or whether that is actually true factually but wondered what people's thoughts were? What does our resident umpire ***** think?
It sucks. Goes to show how rare the occurance is that the law surrounding it isn't correctly applied. NZ got punished extra for it

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I'm mad that the super over rules are so daft. Just have a second ****ing super over ffs.

Other than that, greatest ODI of all time. Gutted that we 'lost', but it was something special. Luck went against us everywhere.
Nah, I reckon have a bowl off if super over is tied

Lawson’s Jaw

Cricket Spectator

Let’s get one thing straight, there is no “we” or “us” here. You are not part of the team, simply someone who enjoys supporting a team (and country really) who sit towards the bottom of the pile and get pounded 80% of the time. The word “masochist” comes to mind but hey, there are all sorts of fetishes out there so I won’t judge.

My advice would be to squeeze all the tears out for the rest of us to enjoy and in mid-September once most of them are gone, focus on the rugby world cup which may provide a different outcome. Although you still won’t be able to use the term “we”, at least the All Blacks will likely provide a more polished performance with less unintended comedy than the Black Caps.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lawson’s Jaw;4230996 said:
Let’s get one thing straight, there is no “we” or “us” here. You are not part of the team, simply someone who enjoys supporting a team (and country really) who sit towards the bottom of the pile and get pounded 80% of the time. The word “masochist” comes to mind but hey, there are all sorts of fetishes out there so I won’t judge.

My advice would be to squeeze all the tears out for the rest of us to enjoy and in mid-September once most of them are gone, focus on the rugby world cup which may provide a different outcome. Although you still won’t be able to use the term “we”, at least the All Blacks will likely provide a more polished performance with less unintended comedy than the Black Caps.
ugh shocker

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I've been thinking the same thing lol

Almost like the kiwi supporters have been pressured into being uber-gracious because of their reputation of being good sports and they don't want to ruin it

They have every right to be pissed off IMO
My god, imagine if this had happened to the Aussies!! James would have to shut this place down.

I'm itching to get home and watch the Eng innings, tbh I still can't really wrap my head around any of it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
My god, imagine if this had happened to the Aussies!! James would have to shut this place down.

I'm itching to get home and watch the Eng innings, tbh I still can't really wrap my head around any of it.
No doubt we will get Phlegm reporting on what the NZ talkback scene is saying about this. I suspect they'd be less gracious than the Kiwi CWers