• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Groundking

International Debutant
Hot blooded? It hit the bat of a diving person reaching for the crease. It was going to be pretty close if it hit the stumps. It was also Stokes who the entire game was balanced upon. You'd want to take that throw everytime. It was an absolute freak deflection.
He was already well in by the time the ball hit his bat.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Hard luck to the NZ posters,,,pretty sure there has never been an awful NZ poster since I started posting here.

On the batting choices in the super over were people happy with Guptil going out to bat? I would have had Kane,,,balls of steel and can hit when needed.

Although tbh unsure if I would have sent Neesham out first so what do I know?:wacko:
Neesham was the absolute first choice the way he was hitting it during his innings. Cleanest striking. Would have gone with Kane yeah, but tbf it wasn't a dreadful choice considering how Guptill can hit them in theory. It was similar to Boult getting the ball, where it's a decision taking into account role in the team and experience, if not recent form or match performance. Hard to blame them for making it under the intense pressure this unique situation involved.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Neesham was the absolute first choice the way he was hitting it during his innings. Cleanest striking. Would have gone with Kane yeah, but tbf it wasn't a dreadful choice considering how Guptill can hit them in theory. It was similar to Boult getting the ball, where it's a decision taking into account role in the team and experience, if not recent form or match performance. Hard to blame them for making it under the intense pressure this unique situation involved.
Yeah my 3 would have been Neesham/Williamson/Guptill but I'd have had Kane out with Neesham first

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I really don't feel disappointed this morning. Stayed up the whole way through, thought we'd won it like the rest of us. And for Stokes' bat in all sorts of ways, including the most freak of moments, we had.

We did all we could do and I'm just bloody proud. Yes we're not champions but any time the conversation comes up we can say we did all we could to be. Incredible team and theyll carry a ****load of good will into a summer where we have all 3 of the other semi finalists and the public will rightly treat us as if we did win it all.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hard luck to the NZ posters,,,pretty sure there has never been an awful NZ poster since I started posting here.
Blocky
Thierry Henry
RTB in the politics subbie (gun cricket poster though)

I’m sure there’s others. They are a good bunch on the whole though. Some of the best.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Blocky
Thierry Henry

I’m sure there’s others. They are a good bunch on the whole though. Some of the best.
Just because you don't see eye to eye with TH doesn't mean he isn't a good poster. Just not measuring up to the same standards.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He is deficient in many aspects sadly

I used to enjoy the pics he posted of his gf about ten years ago though

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just because you don't see eye to eye with TH doesn't mean he isn't a good poster. Just not measuring up to the same standards.
I have found his cricket posting to be objectionable for 14 years now, but fair is fair. I respect your view Athers and apologise to th accordingly.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
He was already well in by the time the ball hit his bat.
Have you ever not thrown something in from the boundary with the thought 'Ill hang onto this, lest I hit the bat and it goes for 4'. You have no place on a cricket field, if so.

Just enjoy your win. This type of rub-it-in 'NZ bottled it' nonsense does you no favours.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Blocky
Thierry Henry

Am I misremembering or was Miyagi a dreadful NZer.

Agree with last line.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I have found his cricket posting to be objectionable for 14 years now, but fair is fair. I respect your view Athers and apologise to th accordingly.
Well I can see why it'd be something of a tall order to appreciate TH if you don't take every opportunity you get to throw in a height pun.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Have you ever not thrown something in from the boundary with the thought 'Ill hang onto this, lest I hit the bat and it goes for 4'. You have no place on a cricket field, if so.

Just enjoy your win. This type of rub-it-in 'NZ bottled it' nonsense does you no favours.
Stop talking about rubbing

Niall

International Coach
[
.[/QUOTE]

He just wants you to pay your taxes:)

Blocky was around during your time tbf.
Ah was he the guy who tried to debate people to death and got ruder as the debate went on? Then coming back...not the best.:huh: