• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

44th Match - Sri Lanka v India

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Everything is falling apart

Dhawan gets injured and ****s up the one good thing that's been working - the top order. Rahul scores a century at 4 but now has to go back and open, reopening that gaping hole at 4. It's now occupied by a child who looks like he's playing baseball.

Dhoni is being Dhoni.

Karthik, a thoroughly mediocre cricketer finds himself making his 25th comeback to the Indian side.

We are now playing 3 wicket keepers.

Bhuvi looks great but then gets injured. Shami comes in and tears **** up but then starts going the distance and then is dropped. Our spinners who were doing well initially get toyed with against England and then one of them gets dropped.

There's no way we'll get up against England in Birmingham at this rate.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Everything is falling apart

Dhawan gets injured and ****s up the one good thing that's been working - the top order. Rahul scores a century at 4 but now has to go back and open, reopening that gaping hole at 4. It's now occupied by a child who looks like he's playing baseball.

Dhoni is being Dhoni.

Karthik, a thoroughly mediocre cricketer finds himself making his 25th comeback to the Indian side.

We are now playing 3 wicket keepers.

Bhuvi looks great but then gets injured. Shami comes in and tears **** up but then starts going the distance and then is dropped. Our spinners who were doing well initially get toyed with against England and then one of them gets dropped.

There's no way we'll get up against England in Birmingham at this rate.
Additionally, we are playing 4 wicket keepers and 2 batsmen.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
We really should have called up rayudu ahead of shankar n pant. Way too many wks in the team now. Im no fan of him but we had atleast invested in him for a few years and then hes at least a proper batsman. Poor guy done gone n retired now.

Burgey

All non-India fans hoping this convinces them to play jadeja in the finals

h_hurricane

All non-India fans hoping this convinces them to play jadeja in the finals
I would hope for an Indian win in semis and a Jadeja **** show so that you are disappointed.

OTOH, you are massively over-rating India if you think we will stroll to the finals.

Last edited:

Burgey

I would hope for an Indian win in semis and a Jadeja **** show so that you are disappointed.

OTOH, you are massively over-rating India if you think we will stroll to the finals.
I’m not rating them at all beyond Kohli, Sharma and Bumrah. All of whom I rate really highly.

So go you (y)

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Completely surprising, this reversal of form for Kumar. He has his shortcomings, but he was in good form until that injury. Perhaps it's back to Pandya, lack of bowling consistency notwithstanding. If the team plays on a flat deck, they'll be in a spot of bother, with the spinners being found out at Birmingham and the third seamer also struggling.

vcs

This will be a tough chase. Bumrah has been great but the rest of the bowlers and the fielding effort has been uninspiring.

h_hurricane

Classic death bowling from Bumrah. He is so good isn't he ? What a way to sign off for Mathews though. Fine innings.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
It's just really bad relative to where we started off imo.
You're indulging in crazy hyperbole here. We are no better or worse than when this thing began. Dhawan, regardless of his exploits in ICC tournaments, was in suspect form coming into the WC. Bhuvneswar recovered reasonably well from his injury. Shami played two good hands before losing the plot but he isn't quite done yet, just needs his quota utilized before the 40th over. Pant if anything should have been played earlier; him being a keeper does not matter when he's going to make more impact than anyone else you care to name. Everyone was resigned to Dhoni and Rahul playing so nothing has changed on that front, and dare I say has even garnered a few positives. Rohit has performed superlatively to the extent we haven't needed Kohli to be the run machine he normally is.

We are in the semi finals with a side I didn't think would make it because our batting was so top heavy. Luckily it has stayed heavy and the bowling's done enough to haul us over. I see no reason for the handwringing.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Your batting is no worse than Australia's really, just as heavily reliant on two players. I suppose Smith's reliability is a bit of a trump card, but it's pretty close.

The bowling is still better than England's and always gives you a shot.

h_hurricane

You're indulging in crazy hyperbole here. We are no better or worse than when this thing began. Dhawan, regardless of his exploits in ICC tournaments, was in suspect form coming into the WC. Bhuvneswar recovered reasonably well from his injury. Shami played two good hands before losing the plot but he isn't quite done yet, just needs his quota utilized before the 40th over. Pant if anything should have been played earlier; him being a keeper does not matter when he's going to make more impact than anyone else you care to name. Everyone was resigned to Dhoni and Rahul playing so nothing has changed on that front, and dare I say has even garnered a few positives. Rohit has performed superlatively to the extent we haven't needed Kohli to be the run machine he normally is.

We are in the semi finals with a side I didn't think would make it because our batting was so top heavy. Luckily it has stayed heavy and the bowling's done enough to haul us over. I see no reason for the handwringing.
I think you are right from the perspective that all these shortcomings were anticipated before the WC started. There was still some hope that some of them would not be so blatantly evident.
However, at the end of the league stage, there is an inevitable realization about almost all of them. I don't think Daemon is saying that we have been hopeless. Winning 6 league matches(soon to be seventh) means we have been a quality team. It is just that some of our gravely concerning areas,if they are exploited by the opposition, **** will indeed hit the fan in the knockout matches.