• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top Five Cricketers from each country

Malcolm

U19 Vice-Captain
Since the initial comment was 'Ponting was Harbhajans bunny at his peak' we can include his record in Australia as evidence to counter it.

Lots of batsmen are bowler's bunnies in India.

Virat is Lyon and SOKs bunny in India
Sachin was Anderson's bunny.:)

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Since the initial comment was 'Ponting was Harbhajans bunny at his peak' we can include his record in Australia as evidence to counter it.

Lots of batsmen are bowler's bunnies in India.

Virat is Lyon and SOKs bunny in India
Lol, can't argue against this.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't say 2001 was Ponting's peak. Probably right before his peak, he was a low 40s averaging batsman at that stage wasn't he? Ponting didn't really play in India at all at his peak, because he missed the 2004 series with injury (barring the last game on the Clarke 6/9 dustbowl).

So yeah that would be wrong

TheJediBrah

I wouldn't say 2001 was Ponting's peak. Probably right before his peak, he was a low 40s averaging batsman at that stage wasn't he? Ponting didn't really play in India at all at his peak, because he missed the 2004 series with injury (barring the last game on the Clarke 6/9 dustbowl).

So yeah that would be wrong
And that one game Ponting played in India "at his peak" Harbhajan didn't get him out.

I don't have the numbers but just going by his overall stats and estimating Ponting probably averages 50+ against Harbhajan at his peak

Basically, Ponting didn't play in India at his peak because his peak was too short.
I'd say 2002-2007, maybe 2008 was his peak. Pretty decent. Sure he's no Sachin when it comes to longevity, but then no one is. Except Bradman I guess.

trundler

I feel like this is thread is a compressed version of CW. We've gone through Lillee's away record, Warne v Murali, Ponting, Grace and Border.

What do we think of Richards today?

trundler

Wasn't Ponting's last tour to India his best? That would be way past his prime. Huge Ponting fanboy but there's no getting out of that one.

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
I feel like this is thread is a compressed version of CW. We've gone through Lillee's away record, Warne v Murali, Ponting, Grace and Border.

What do we think of Richards today?
Arguably 2nd greatest cricket talent from SA , only behind Procter and in the same league of G.Pollock , Rice , Steyn , Vander Bijl , Kallis, S.Pollock ..etc

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
Ok I suppose with Worrell I stand corrected. Still applies to the other two
Greenidge against
Australia 40
England 50
India 48
NZ 55
Pakistan 32

Walcott against
Australia 57
England 45
India. 70
NZ 66
Pakistan 96

Weekes against
Australia. 40
England. 45
India. 107
NZ 60
Pakistan. 65

Walcott > Weekes >= Greenidge

Greenidge in
Australia 31
England 56
India. 45
NZ. 56
Pakistan 17
WI. 49

Walcott in
Australia 15
England. 34
India 65
NZ 66
Pakistan ----
WI 70

Weekes in
Australia 25
England. 33
India. 111
NZ. 60
Pakistan -----
WI. 69

Greenidge > Weekes >= Walcott

Burgey

Why do you strongly assert Ponting was better than GChappell?
Ponting didn't pick and choose when and where to tour, for one. Ponting certainly Australia's best (retired) batsman since Chappell, and it's really out of the two of them as to who's the best Australian batsman since Bradman. TPC very likely to have a say in that argument by the time he's done as well, if not be comfortably ahead of the other two, which is really saying something.

h_hurricane

One thing which is not debatable about Border is his performance in all conditions. The lowest he has averaged anywhere is 38 in SA at the tail end of his career. Does not have Warne's or Ponting's pitiable record in India or Lillee's in WI and Pak. Probably the most reliable all time XI pick among all Aussie batsmen apart from Bradman.

MrPrez

International Debutant
One thing which is not debatable about Border is his performance in all conditions. The lowest he has averaged anywhere is 38 in SA at the tail end of his career. Does not have Warne's or Ponting's pitiable record in India or Lillee's in WI and Pak. Probably the most reliable all time XI pick among all Aussie batsmen apart from Bradman.
Bradman was pretty inconsistent. Averaged 201 vs SA and 178 against India - both minnows at the time.

This bloated his stats, as he only averaged 89.78 against the stronger England. Typical minnow-basher.

:ph34r:

h_hurricane

Bradman was pretty inconsistent. Averaged 201 vs SA and 178 against India - both minnows at the time.

This bloated his stats, as he only averaged 89.78 against the stronger England. Typical minnow-basher.

So in a nutshell, Bradman averaged 10% less against his strongest opponent(as compared to his career average). Border averaged 5% more against WI as compared to his career average.
Border must be 1.15 times the batsman Bradman was.

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant

George Headley averaged 80 or so against England before WW II.