• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia Tour of India 2019

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shami outstanding here. Impossible to get away then rips one through the gate. Perfect bowling at this stage of the game.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Only world cup ODIs matter **** has made it in this thread too :dry: Best predictor of how a player will do in another world cup is their overall record not what they have done in previous world cups. Do you guys even do statistics? It's not like they play a different sport at world cups.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Lol no it isn’t, you buffoon
I can argue on opinions. This is just plain objectively wrong to think that predictor of performance in another edition of world cup is performance in previous edition(s) alone. Statistics is not your strong suit.

You buffoon.

Burgey

It’s not about statistics, muppet. It’s abot how you perform under pressure. Playing in Butt-**** Jaipur in a nothing series isn’t pressureZ playing in a WC is. Why you can’t see past your ****ing abacus and work it out is beyond me. Get your head out of your arse ad work it out - not all ODIs are made equal

Borges

International Regular
Just more confirmation of the absolute banality of this format:
some of the more rabid devotees of this form of cricket believe that only about two or three percent of the international in it are actually meaningful.

Burgey

That’s exactly right. Same with T20s. What’s the point of the vast majority of them? They’re just a money spinner

Burgey

Same reason I’ll watch Carlton vs St Kilda. It’s a **** standard and means nothing, but it’s footy so I’ll have a look at it.

That’s all JAM ODIs are.

Borges

International Regular
That’s exactly right. Same with T20s. What’s the point of the vast majority of them? They’re just a money spinner
What's the point with any of them? Including the World Cup? Just money spinners, all of them.

Burgey

No. World cups are where all teams get together to play at once at a given venue. It’s the championship of the format. Same as in any sport.

If this is difficult for you to work out then you need to stop posting, and hopefully you aren’t allowed to vote wherever you are.

Borges

International Regular
World cups are where all teams get together to play at once at a given venue. It’s the championship of the format.
All teams getting together to play at once at a given venue in a format that had remained utterly meaningless till then is a meaningless championship.

Bijed

International Regular
Tbh I'm coming closer and closer to the opinion that with ODI cricket, I don't care at all how 'meaningful' any given match is. If a game is fun/exciting, that's great and all I want from this format

Borges

International Regular
If a game is fun/exciting, that's great and all I want from this format
It is all that one would want from any format.

If test matches are interesting, all test test matches are interesting; not just the test series between the #1 and #2 ranked teams; and FC matches would not be 'pointless'.