• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia Tour of India 2019

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Assuming I must pick Dhoni, I'd go with this.

Dhawan
Rohit
Kohli
Jadhav
Dhoni +
Pant/Karthik
Pandya
Chahal
Kuldeep
Shami
Bumrah

Could even have Rahul come in at 3 and everyone down a spot with no Karthik/Pant. They've never tried this out though, disappointingly.
Even though Chahal / Kuldeep together make for a good combo, idk if playing them both in England (unless conditions are spin conducive) is a good idea, its very high risk. Also that makes our bowling line up a little too predictable especially if one of a two spinners have a bad day,, not to mention makes for a weak tail imo without Jadeja.

Given the kind of teams we will be up against in the WC, I think replicating England's batting line up and strategy of going after the bowlers with every batsmen they have will be key. Windies suddenly look threatening with Gayle back, Aussies will have Smith and Warner back. England at home will be hot favourites.

I just see India's batting skill wise out matched. Pant,Pandya and Jadeja could be real X factors in key moments. Karthik/Jadhav/Rayudu don't give me confidence when the pressure is on, even though I admit they've done well in recent times.

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Finch in this 'form', Khawaja, Stoinis at three, Handscombe, Carey rather than Wade. Oh my that's a horrific lineup. How the **** does Turner get a gig over Wade?

Go **** yourself Langer.

harsh.ag

Pant is more likely to prove to be a weak link than Karthik.

Jadhav's slingers are indispensable.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Even though Chahal / Kuldeep together make for a good combo, idk if playing them both in England (unless conditions are spin conducive) is a good idea, its very high risk. Also that makes our bowling line up a little too predictable especially if one of a two spinners have a bad day,, not to mention makes for a weak tail imo without Jadeja.

Given the kind of teams we will be up against in the WC, I think replicating England's batting line up and strategy of going after the bowlers with every batsmen they have will be key. Windies suddenly look threatening with Gayle back, Aussies will have Smith and Warner back. England at home will be hot favourites.

I just see India's batting skill wise out matched. Pant,Pandya and Jadeja could be real X factors in key moments. Karthik/Jadhav/Rayudu don't give me confidence when the pressure is on, even though I admit they've done well in recent times.
Chahal and Yadav are #4 and #5 in the rankings, just can't leave them out. I don't understand how replacing one of them with Jadeja does anything at all to help the bowling. Why do you say it makes it more predictable? Batting, yeah sure.

Pandya is 100% a starter so we don't need to involve him in the discussion. We both seem to agree on Pant as well.

The issue is between picking Jadhav and one of the wrist spinners vs picking both Jadeja and Shankar. The former is just the better bet imo. If you talk about X factors then surely Kuldeep/Chahal have impacted far more matches in their shortish careers compared to Jadeja.

Daemon

I've seen better club bowlers in Singapore than Shankar. Poor guys a middle order batsman who bowls a bit, he's just been thrown into completely different roles since being selected. Lower order finisher, top order pinch hitting (which he did well), opening bowler, 1st change. Tough initiation.

duffer

Oh god if we take this Shankar guy to the World Cup.

This is steaming poo he's bowling.

Burner

International Regular
Honestly I'm sorry but Jadhav and Rayudu have to go, I know its a bit mean given they've performed reasonably well in recent times but India simply needs more firepower come WC time.

Just imagine this line up:

Dhawan
Rohit
Kohli
Dhoni (wk)
Pant / Pandya
Pant / Pandya
Jadeja / Vijay Shankar
Jadeja / Vijay Shankar
Kuldeep / Chahal
Bhuvi / Shammi
Bumrah

That would make for arguably one the most varied bowling and destructive battine Indian line up in the last 4-5 years.
Pant has done **** all in ODIs. He's no where good enough to replace a proven performer like Jadhav.

Daemon

So good from Yadav. Need to take wickets in the middle overs in ODIs these days and he does it more often than not.

Top_Cat

Deck looks a bit squishy but should still be some runs in it. Whatever the Aussies get from here, even if Maxwell tees off, shouldn’t be enough.

Spikey

arun finch won the toss and batted which seems a poor move when you're playing Virat Kohli